School has started!! Today Cora came home from school and told me that "Cody in the 4th grade has a crush on me." Great. Older guys already. We always do the "first day" photo with the new back to school outfit. Here is Cora's for this year:
(Kelly, Cora would prefer if Isaac saw this picture and not the goggle one.) Cora's school in Utah was amazing, and I was worried about the transition to this school, but I don't think I am anymore. The school calender for this year is PACKED with things and activities the school puts on for the kids, and the quality of education here is exceptional (and that is why the taxes in Nebraska are so high). Anyways, Cora is excited about learning cursive and multiplication in 3rd grade this year. While I'm highlighting Cora...She wants to be a rock star and made me take a video of her for the blog. She is amazing on the air guitar AND the air drums. Watch.
And I know I have shared those fun moments where potty words slip through my innocent children's lips, and I could never understand exactly how my husband can think it's so funny...until yesterday. I was on the phone with a telemarketer who calls for some Michael M. every stinking day, and I had had enough. Oh yeah. I was a little frustrated. When I hung up the phone Cora seemed really embarrassed and said, "Geez mom. Don't you think that was a little &itchy?" She told me later she said pitchy, but I heard the other word that starts with a b, and I laughed, and it was funny, and then I explained to her what was wrong with the "b" word, and that's when she told me she said pitchy. Why it's so funny...I do not know. But I laughed.
So first days of school went well, everyone is fine and dandy. This week is Air Force week in Nebraska, and so there are a few cool things going on. Like right now some jets are practicing for an air show on Saturday and they are doing crazy fly-bys. Last weekend was the opening ceremony for Air Force Week at Rosenblat Stadium, and I realized something; If I didn't have 4 kids, I would be in the military. I miss it. There are even moments where I think I could join the national guard or something, but that would never work. As a stay-at-home mom I know there are many personal sacrifices I've made, and they are all worth it-all of them. I love being my kid's Mom. But as I watched new Airmen being sworn into the Air Force that day, I was jealous, and a yearning from deep down crept up and brought tears to my eyes, as I realized how much I missed being in the military. But I have no regrets. So all you FemiNazi women out there relax. No matter what, I still feel staying home and raising my children is the greatest work I could ever do for my country. But that's just me, and how I feel.
A few things that drive me crazy. When you have a credit card in your name, and you get a bill with some funky charge on it, so you call to try to figure it out, but you can't because you aren't an "authorized user on the account." Let me get this straight...I can have a credit card, and can max it out if I so choose, but I can't call to ask a question about the bill because Mark Peterson opened the account?? The same thing happened to me the other day when I tried to call Red Box about a movie that wasn't returned properly. Red Box for Pete's sake!!!!! It drives me crazy. Also, when people use "Excuse me" to make a point of you being in their way. Like it should actually be me saying excuse me, but then they say it and walk around me. You know what I mean? Let's say I'm looking at a shirt on a rack, and someone else is searching the rack for a shirt as well. They get to where I'm standing and say "excuse me" and then walk around to the other side of me. Or if I'm at the zoo standing against the railing, looking at the monkeys, and someone is walking along the railing and has to go around me and they say "excuse me." Seriously!! Excuse you for what?? Did you fart or something?? (I actually think that sometimes.) Just walk around me. Don't say excuse me because if anyone should be saying excuse me it should be me, but I'm not going to because I was here first!! Both these things happened to me today and that's why I'm wasting time writing about them I guess.
I really need to start blogging more than once a week because I know there are more important things to write about than the improper use of "excuse me". O well.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
First day of school
Posted by Jennifer Never at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
You are so funny. I love you. Keep blogging. Do one for me.
Well, excuse me!! I had a major perma grin while watching Cora rock out in her cute bedroom. I can't wait to show Jaxynn in the morning, she will love it. So 3rd grade huh! School starts in about 10 days and nobody in my family is excited about it. I even took them school shopping and they would give it all back to keep summer. I wish I was a kid...cuz I am so tired I can't wait till they go back to school. Are you all ready for homeschooling with Garret? How is that going? Call sometime..we miss you.
School hasn't started here yet, we have until the 25th, but I think I am ready...I think they are ready too even though they won't admit it (except Isaac who keeps asking me when does he get to go to Kindergarten)
Love the new family picture by the way, what a beautiful family you have!
P.S. Sorry about Pokemon :)
I have had the same experience with credit card companies. I pay the bills, I use the card. I follow up on their questions. BUT I am not allowed 'privileged' information because I'm not the primary person on the card. I recintly closed my visa for just that reason. I opened up my own accout, my own name first. I'm ready to be a first class citizen. I didn't even put Milt's name on the card. Mine, mine, mine. (unfortunately, I did transfer the balance over. I wish that part wasn't mine.) Glad school is going well. We start on Tuesday--Yuck. Summer is too short. I haven't finished all my projects or had enough fun.
K Jenn, your posts always make me smile. That pitchy comment is really funny. I'm glad the school transition is going well.
I will forever think of you when I say excuse me to pass someone in my way. :)
There are definitely things that I would be doing if I didn't have four kids (almost 5). Sometimes I think "If I hadn't known I needed to stay home for my kids I would have gone to med school straight out of college and I'd be a neurosurgeon now and making like a million dollars a year. Weird." But military service? I'll leave that one to you. :)
LOl! Please excuse me but I'm going to leave a comment. I love that famiy picture of you guys.
Good luck with school!I cant wait for it to start. I am going crazy!
Okay two things, I love the new picture of your family!! And second, how come Audra's name has !!!!! after it, and mine doesn't?
Most days I agree-it is the greatest job in the world, but other days WHAT WAS I THINKING?? 3rd grade is such a big deal. My oldest started third grade. I have so many memories from about age 8 on, that means I can no longer count on them forgetting the days when I loose it and am a mean mom, that sorry can't make it all better, cause he will remember. Being a mom just got so much harder for me now that I have a 3rd grader. But your daughter seems well adjusted (other than the language problem:) so you must be doing fabulous
Jenny how are you?! You need to put pics of your new house on your blog. I loved reading some of your entries it is so you! I miss you man! my blog is riches-jbow. I'll check in later Love ya Jai-Dee
so, about blogging more than once a week....did you mean you wanted to cut back to once a month?? If so, you are just about due!
Time for an update girlfriend!
Post a Comment