Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Before I get going with this, I just have to say that I am not the world's best commenter on other people's blog. And I know it seems that it is proper blogging etiquette to comment on people's blogs who comment on yours-and I want to-but sometimes I don't have time. Sometimes I get on to post and then I don't get back on for days. Sometimes I read other's blogs but just don't comment because I don't feel like it. Sometimes I just don't know what to say and I don't want to force-comment if you know what I mean. So please know I love reading your comments on my blog even if I don't comment on yours because I do still care and do read when I find the time to!

Save A Grizzly

Love A Werewolf

That was what I was wearing on the back of my shirt on Friday night, at midnight, at Borders. And I came up with it all by my little self. So if you think it's stupid, that's why. If you think it's clever, that's why too. Regardless, that is what I came up with. I finished Breaking Dawn Tuesday, and didn't know what to do with myself. I did LIKE it, but... So now I'm reading Harry Potter starting from book #2. No I haven't read them yet so they better be worth all the hype because I can't take another let down anytime soon. I figured Harry Potter was safe. That's all I'm going to say about Breaking Dawn.

That's the front our shirts. I wanted the book cover on the back, but I didn't want my friend to think I think my ways are always the best ways...Not yet anyways. So I didn't push the matter. We had fun. While we were waiting for the release some jerk screamed out a spoiler and what page it was on in the book before running out the door. I hated that dope and wanted to slap him hard, but it turned out to be a joke and didn't really happen in the book so I don't hate him anymore. He had me thinking throughout the whole book. I just kept waiting for something to happen that never did, though I wish it had, but I'm not Sister Meyer, but she should have asked me what to write because my ways are always the best!!! Anywhoo..we had fun being excited girls for the night!
Other summer happenings in the last few weeks are as follows:
Swim lessons. The following videos are not for your viewing pleasure. They will probably bore most, but I figured someone in my family far away will care about my kids learning how to swim, and might even laugh at how funny my kids are.

I made Cora keep her goggles on for the picture when she tried to take them off. She was worried that I would put them on the blog. Valid concern. Cora LOVES to swim (actually has a beautiful back stroke), and has decided she wants to try to be on a swim team. We'll see how that goes.

Garret is not so natural in the water, but he tries really, really, hard. He is actually swimming now and loves to practice whatever the life guard teaches him how to do. He is like that with most things; you show him how to do something and he will practice and practice until he can do it. I'm really looking forward to kindergarten at home with him this year!

AJ is always so excited to get out of the house and go anywhere. Often times I swear I can hear people's minds as they silently express their belief that my A.J. needs Ritalin. However, I know the truth; he just loves life and gets excited about living it, and is loud about it. He sings to himself all the time, and tells people "Excuse Me!" when they are in his way, and runs around in a Bat Man costume all day...I love it!! I caught a video of what he does when I try to take a picture of him. He says cheese and then breaks in to some form of karate or something. It's funny.

Cora has become really good friends with a girl across the street, and recently came to the conclusion it was time for her to get her ears pierced. She was brave and loves having her ears sparkle! Now I just get to clean her ears 3 times a day for 6 weeks. Ok. Whatever. Try once a day if we're lucky.

There is a burger place here called Kong Burger or something like that, and they have a 2 lb. hamburger. 2 lbs.??? Why would you eat a 2 lb. hamburger?? It makes me want to puke just thinking about it. We ate lunch there, and the kids had fun climbing on the monkeys afterwards.


I got to see my very very good friend from 9 years ago this last week. She was driving through NE on her way to Kentucky with her family. I get to see her every 4 years or so and every time I see her she has a few more kids. They have 6 kids 9&under. I love my dear friend Megan!! Such a strong woman. We have about 6 different ways at least 1 of our kids can marry each other so Meg and I can be eternally bound.


And Lastly, but certainly not leastly:

Happy Anniversary Honey!!!

9 years ago today I married the man of my dreams. As I said before, I was way smarter than mature when I said yes to that poor guy, and I think he was more mature than he was smart when he picked me. It has been quite the ride so far with a many ups, and a few downs, but always someplace new to experience it. Mark, thank you so much for picking me to spend the rest of your existence with. It could have been some other girl with bad habits and a "trucker's" mouth, but you picked me, and helped me see and appreciate who I really am, and you continue to love me for just that. Thank you.

9 Reasons why I love my husband:

1. He is so selfless, and would do anything for me and the kids, always seeking ways to serve us. He is dedicated to this family 100%, and has made us one of his greatest passions.


2.
Such dang cute kids. We do good work don't we?!

3. I have to say being married into such an amazing family has to be one of the reasons I love my husband

Look at us all! The biggest group of amazing people ever assembled for a family picture I'm sure. I love each one of you! Thanks for being such amazing people and loving me. Especially you two girls:


4. He hates confrontation and will apologize for anything just to stop contention. Sometimes I hate that, but most of the time I really appreciate his humility, and have learned a lot from him.

5. He LOVES spending time with his family. I'm pretty positive he would rather spend time with me and the kids than anything else, which is a must if you are to be married to me because I am not so understanding when it comes to sacrificing my time with him. In other words, I'm demanding, and I can't stand to be apart from him if I know he is in the same state as me.

6. He cries in sacrament meeting when he talks about his mom.

7. His dad is still his hero.

8. When I send him to the store for milk, he comes back with 5 cartons of ice-cream, 4 things of cookie dough, 4 bags of chips, and he can always find the good deals on cereal.

9. He still loves me and stands by me after 9 years. I can't help loving a man who can survive being my husband for 9 years, and love me more than the day we were married.

Thank you for 9 amazing years. I love you...always have and always will.

12 comments:

amberjill said...

That was so funny, cute, sweet AND squishy!! And, I love you too!! So, we are totally planning on coming to see you, but I've got some healing to do first. I slipped a disc and sprained my back...while vacuuming!! NOT GONNA DO THAT AGAIN!! But, we still want to come and see you!! miss you

Julie said...

That was such a sweet post. First of all your kids are so dange cute. I miss them. I love their funny and ALL DIFFERENT and UNIQUE personalities. I never once thought AJ should be on Ridlin... He is just half He-Man. Also I love what you said about my bro. He is pretty great and don't forget he is lucky to have you. I could have never asked for a better sis in law and best friend. I love you to death and beyond...because you and I are eternally bound. I too am coming to visit...and that other couple we went hiking with..well we just paid them so it would look like we had friends.

Tamra said...

Happy Anniversary! You are such a cute couple too.

Marie said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Marie said...

PS...I love your family picture!

audra garrett said...

I kinda teared up.....I'm not gonna lie. I love that picture of you and Mark!! You should frame that one! I just wanted to say hey! I really miss you and wish we could live closer!

Rebecca said...

Wow Jen, what a fun way to catch up. I love you family and even love the swimming lessons. Life looks good. I figure one of those favorite girls in your picture will tag you and we will enjoy your home too.

Jenn said...

I love your posts! I love how blunt and honest you are! I love how you expressed your love for your husband and cute kids. Your okay in my book. (That last comment was cheesy!) LOL

Lisa said...

Love the new picture!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Your kids are so cute - you two do work well together.

I was going to put this on my blog, but you just said you don't always read or write comments here is the answer to your question:
The big Temple day is our 10th anniversary September 12th.

Kelly T, that's me! said...

I can't wait to show this to Isaac!

I don't usually comment either. I feel the forced-post feeling a lot.

I am glad for your blog so we know you are having fun and are happy.

xoxox,
Kelly

youreprettytoo said...

I wasn't going to comment, but then this is the second time I have looked at this post and haven't made a comment and I felt like I should really make a comment now that I have looked at it twice. But then I thought maybe that would look like a forced comment and i didn't want to put any pressure on you but I do want you to know that I am reading your blog even if I don;t comment. But then again i know you don't appreciate a forced comment and don't want you to feel like you have to comment on my blog. So how is that for a forced, pointless comment for ya!
PS- I expect the same on mine! :)

Sally said...

I love commenting especially when I can be cheesy and cliche. You do have very cute kids. Why don't you have another one? I hate it when I'm pregnant and other people aren't, I just want to share the misery.