4th of July in a state where fireworks are legal...Pure insanity. The videos below represent the scene for over 2 hours!
At the end of this next video you can hear the 5-8 year-olds arguing about where to throw the fireworks when they are lit. It's ok to let the kiddies light the "not-so-big" fireworks in NE... I swear people here must spend more on the 4th of July than Christmas.
This is what the fireworks table looked like after 2 hours!!!
And for the front yard finale we have... The Pounding Force!!
I couldn't breath the next morning when I woke up because my lungs were so full of that "after-a-firework-explodes" smoke. Probably took at least 2 weeks off the time I have to live.
AJ shared a yogurt covered pretzel with Jorie without asking us first...
While waiting for siblings to be done with gymnastics we had some fun with cones. AJ ran around the gym chanting "I am a temple. I am a temple."
Purple does look good on her don't you think?
Cora is really getting into cooking this last week. We checked out a book from the library that teaches kids to cook and she has made beef stew, cookies, eggs for lunch a few times, and chocolate bread. The other day she wanted to make lunch again, but we didn't have the ingredients for anything in her book. So she said, "I'll let somebody else make ME lunch for once." For once...I love it! 8 years I've been feeding this child lunch, and she makes eggs twice...She thinks she's somethin' else that girl. Anyways...that's some fun we're having here...Miss all you people out there that miss us! If you don't miss us we probably don't miss you. I'm just sayin' is all...
Oh and guess what concert I'm going to see July 22 at the Qwest Center in Omaha...!!!!!???
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Briefly...
Posted by Jennifer Never at 2:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
These were all amateur fireworks??? That is hard to imagine with how it is here and the vigilant policing that is done in the neighborhoods in search of illegal fireworks.
ummmm.....american idol???
Hey! I got a blog! It's not as cool as yours but whatever!! How is Nebraska? Hope you are doing great!
Now that's what i;m talkin' about!- the fireworks I mean.
Wow...I love love love the fireworks and the cheers behind them. I am thinking the 4th of July would be fun to spend in Omaha!! AJ is a temple. Jori looks so cute, I think Miss Q and Jo would have a lot of fun together right now if only they were together. You just gotta keep Cora cooking.
The fireworks are REALLY illegal? That's unamerican. Miss ya!!
Post a Comment