When we sat down to read scriptures tonight AJ wouldn't let us start until he found just the right page in his Book of Mormon. When he was ready, he just started reading, "And it came to pass that the Lord commanded me, and behold I Nephi. And he said unto me." Then he had to turn the page and start over...5 times. As parents we were beaming with pride. We bought AJ a plastic lawn mower so he can mow the yard with dad. This time he got a little too close to dad, and got a little too frustrated. Watch...
Quote of the day Friday: Cora
Friday is sugar cereal day, so when Mark saw Cora eating regular Cheerios for breakfast he asked her, "Is that what you eat for breakfast every Friday morning?" Cora looked at her cereal and then looked at the ground and said, "Today's Friday? Damn." Mark's theory is that if we just don't make a big deal out of these things they say, then they will just stop saying them. I'm not sure why it's always Mark who hears all these bad things the kids say...Further more, I'm not sure where the kids hear the things they say!! Cora wanted to record a message for Jaxynn today So this one's for you Jax!!
Monday morning Garret told me he had such a silly dream. When I asked him what it was about he told me that angels were all around him just staring at him not moving or anything. He just thought it was so silly...I thought it was pretty special because he NEVER seems to remember his dreams. Speaking of dreams...Garret loves playing Mario party on Nintendo 64, and he says it is his dream is that Yoshi will win once instead of Princess Peach, and this ALMOST happened today, but AJ turned the power off. Garret was devastated and said that his dream was ruined!!
Don't you just love it when parents let their kids do whatever they want in public places?
I forgot to bring anything to cover AJ's cast so he got it really wet...so I took it off because I was sick of dealing with a cast during the summer. He seems fine. We go to the doctor next week for an x-ray, and they can tell me then if I've ruined my kids wrist by removing his cast prematurely. I hope not.
10 comments:
Cora's message won't play on my computer but your other video did. Weird! I will get it to work and then show Jax. Does it say something like "Jaxynn you taught me how to swear"??? I really wanna see you dance to the birthday song..you need to work on it. Happy Birthday.
Some fun stuff here.
by the way, how do you get the fire department to do that? Looks like fun.
I completely understand Cora's reaction to forgetting it is Sugar cereal day. I hate missing out on good food. Although what I usually say is "Today's fast Sunday. Damn." I really hope I don't get struck down for that one. Also Happy Birthday. i really wish you were here so we could go to Lonestar for lunch. Relive some good times. Again-I hope I don't get struck down for that one either!:) love and miss you!
OK Jen, first HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I just left a comment on Julie's "blog to Jen" post, so go check for you gift there. I hope you had an awesome birthday. Although I'm the worst sis in law EVER I did think about you all day!
Now, second!! What the crap is up with your posting. Did you start that post yesterday and finish today??? It totally says you posted it yesterday, which is SO not your birthday!! You are really confusing people here!
And, finally, I've almost talked Walter into taking us to Nebraska after he gets home....instead of DisneyLand!! So, it better be magical! LOVE YOU!!
Happy Birthday Jenny!! Wow, you're still in your youth (at least until next year)!! Hope you had a great birthday & I love that picture of Jorie...she is so cute, what a cute smile!!
Happy Birthday, Jen! I hope your day just got better with the great birthday dance start. I would love to see that video--Cora's was cute. You look like you are all doing great, I'm so glad.
Wow, looks like you guys are having fun and keeping busy! What a great family you have. And happy birthday yesterday!!! I hope you are all doing great!
Hello it is your Birthday....Shout it out! And you are such a young chick 29?.....Really? Wow you are a young one! Hope your day was extra special and I loved the update on your cute kids.
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good one! It looks like you're enjoying Nebraska! I love to see updates on your family! It's so funny when kids swear, but you hope they don't do it! The other day Brenten told me to "turn off the damn computer!" Yikes!!!
Sugar cereal day is a good idea. Mark sneaks it into our house on occassion and the kids love him for it. I love Cora's reaction! My daughter has said similar things, unfortunatley I know who she learned her choice words from (I'm trying to be better-I promise). Happy 29th birthday. Live up your 20 while they are still there and then really live up your 30's-that's my plan.
Post a Comment