Saturday, November 8, 2008

My How Time Flies

Is it Nov. already? I honestly have no idea where October went. Was there even an Oct. this year? Hum...YES! because I spend most of the day now telling my children they can't have a piece of candy. Actually, they don't anymore because they got into a little fight and so I told them all to bring me their candy, "It's mine now." Cruel I know, but I'm not fighting the candy battle anymore, and we are set with movie theatre candy for the year. So that's how I know October 2008 did, in fact, happen. It was quite a busy month for us. Mark and I both had trips out of state which was exciting. He went to D.C. while I went North Carolina. I was secretly excited about me going away while he stayed home with the kids...for once. But fortunately for him there was some thing he had to go to in D.C. during the time I would be gone. Luckily his parents were already planning on being here to help so at least I didn't have to worry that my kids were going to be taken care of. My in-laws did an amazing job of holding down the fort. Thank you Gary and Marilyn!!! As selfish as it is, I'm still a tiny bit disappointed my husband didn't get to experience being a solo parent. There's always New York 2010 right ladies!!! Would that be ok Marilyn?...2010? Here are a few pictures of my North Carolina trip:



I went with-from the left-my brother Scott, Aunt Teri, Uncle Frank, Dad, and Step Mom. I could dedicate an entire post jut to my NC trip, and that is what I'm planning on doing sometime soon! You'll see... The leaves were beautiful, the mountains amazing, and the only thing we had planned in the 5 days we were there was a trip to Wal-Mart. It was great. "The voice of the mountain speaks to the soul." That was a quote on a T-shirt, and it was/is always so true for me. While we were there (this is really for Trent and Julie) we spent a lot of time driving in the truck. When you are sitting in the front seat of the truck, 25mph doesn't look so fast. So I said, "How much you wanna bet I can run 25mph?" My brother was like, "Yeah right." But I honestly thought I could because it looked really slow. I got a text from my brother the day after I got home informing me the highest speed by a human was 26mph. So I text ed him back: "I didn't say I could run 26mph!" Perhaps I could run 25mph if I had a 1,000 Grand candy bar. Anybody know where I can get one of those? Anyways. That was my big excitement for the month, so I'll move on to the rest of the family where you're sure to hear more about me too!

Mark: Like I mentioned before, he had the opportunity to go to D.C. twice this month. The first time was for a special project thing, and the second was some convention for geeks. Since my husband isn't a geek, he didn't understand 80% of what they were talking about, but feels it will be good for him eventually. My favorite part of him going away this last time was that he brought me home some new perfume from Victoria's Secret; So Sexy Wild Dare or something like that. Nice name. Makes me wonder if naming par fume "So Sexy Wild Dare" actually boosts sales. Who knows, but I LOVE the way it smells, and I smell myself all day. It must work if I'm becoming more attracted to myself right? (It's late) Mark is loving work, trying to get to the gym after work because he says he's gained weight, and he loves me. That's all he wants me to say for him this month. "Let's go to bed," he says. Again-it's late, and it is a few hours past my bedtime now. I am trying to get in bed by 10 so I can get up at 5:15. Tomorrow is Sunday so I should be able to find some time to blog about my kids. Time to go pass out.

2 comments:

amberjill said...

cop out...cough cough....cop out!! I thought it was going to be like Christmas on your blog today, but it feels a little more like Presidents Day. THANKS FOR NOTHING!! :) what's this NY 2010?? was i invited??

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

I love to read what you write. I can just hear you yelling at your kids to bringyou their candy. I am starting to be a trick or trwat hater. I think next year we are just going to have a Halloween party. NO MORE TREATS!

If you want a chance to see if Mark can pass the test of single parenting you can come stay with me for a week!