So tonight we were driving around looking for a place to eat dinner because it was my night off from cooking, and we saw one of those sights that you only see in those funny forwarded e-mails. I just got one the other day with random photos people had taken of crazy things they had seen while driving. Well...tonight we got our own crazy photo.
As Mark and I were "discussing" how he had gone the wrong way if he wanted to find something to eat, we passed this scene:
(You have to click on the picture to make it bigger to fully appreciate it.)
This was a small truck, with wooden sides built up around the edges, and rope protecting the horse AND cow from falling out the back of the truck. You can't really see it, but there is a BIG black cow in the back there with that horse.
I didn't want to stop and take a picture. We drove by twice trying to get a good shot. Weird that they got pulled over for that? I mean we are in Nebraska aren't we? What's the big deal? We ended up at Arby's for dinner. I spilled my drink on the table, changed booths, and allowed the lady who worked there to clean it up. I did apologize, but I was secretly enjoying the fact that someone besides myself was cleaning up MY spill while I sat there and ate the dinner that I didn't cook. I'm ready for a vacation I think.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
What The...?
Posted by Jennifer Never at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Well have fun in FL. I guess you desperately need it. If I ever saw horses in Taiwan that scene would be perfect there.
FL would be way too much. I'm flying into Ashville, NC and heading straight into the mountians where I'll be for 5 days until I go back to Ashville to fly home!
Although that picture is quite comical- this comment has to do with you forgetting when Amber's birthday. To make up for it, I agree you should come out to visit. My birthday is just 2 days later and I'm having a girls night out. we are going to a play and I bought the tickets today- I could have sworn that there were 10 people, but I could only come up with 9. Now I realize- it is you that is missing!
This is a response to you dream blog. I woke up the other am and was distressed because in my dream I forgot to pick up the Madsen girls (who are now older than Amber ) and bring them home. Where did that come from? The past?
That truck scene looks like an accident waiting to happen for sure. That's pretty funny.
So that is what life is like in Nebraska, I have been wondering. Taht is funy.
hey, what's your current address? i want to send you a wedding announcement!
OK. I am way behind on the times. I don't make time to read others blogs much, but Isaac and I dove into yours today. I had to pull him off the wii to check it out with me. He gets upstairs and says, "Wow! I didn't know they have internet in Nebraska?!" Maybe that will be him one day getting pulled over???
I love your house, I love your cute kids, I love you!!!!
Now that's pretty funny. Things like that happen down here but with a different twist. Like the time I was going down Druid, running late for a final, and a very old little lady - so little it looked like no one was driving the car - comes to a complete stop. Which backs up traffic on my side, and I can't pass cause it's one lane both ways w/ traffic coming the other way. Yeah, a tow truck went by. She stopped dead in her tracks 'cause she thought an ambulance was coming down the road.
Your pics are hilarious!
It's me - I need your email address so I can invite you to my blog. Yes, I finally am outing myself - and only letting friends in!!! he he. The funny thing about that pic is that I come from a family that would actually do that - I see nothing wrong with it!! :)
So Saturday night, we were on our way home and stoppted in the middle of the road is a small pick up truck. In the back of the pick up, held on by a few ropes, is a motor boat about the same size as the truck with about a quater of the backend stcking off the back. As I did a double take, I thought of your blogg an started laughing...just makes you wonder what the heck people are thinking!
Okay, so it's been a month, time for another update!!! How was NC?
FYI I am going private with my blog. e-mail and I will send you an invite to read it. a temporary email in on my blog
seriously jen! my mom is beating you (and apparently commenting as me) but anyway.....are you still alive out there?? did the North Carolina-ers eat you??
Post a Comment