First let me say I am so glad I'm not the only freak that has realistic, ruining the next day, type dreams. Since many people have "those" kind of dreams, I guess that means I'm not a freak. So thank you all for de-freaking me. It means a lot to me! ;) I have been trying really hard to keep track of some of the things AJ says that have Mark and I laughing. They aren't really all that funny because they are fairly normal things to say; it's when they are coming from the mouth of a 3 yr old that they become funny. Regardless, I wanted to remember a little about what AJ was like as a 3 yr old. (because I know my memory is going to fail me) so I'm going to dedicate this post to AJ and his big boy talk.
Last night I was helping the kids clean up the basement, and was in charge of the Jenga game. None of the kids could manage to stack the wooden pieces up high and straight enough to put them back in the box so I said I'd do it. AJ wasn't cleaning up, and I told him that if they wanted me to help them he needed to do his part. He said, "Ok mom...We understand your feelings. We'll clean up." I was like, "FINALLY. ONE OF MY CHILDREN UNDERSTANDS!!" A minute later he walks over to where I'm stacking the Jenga game and kicks it over and walks away. I kinda sat there (before making him clean it up), hurt, with this shocked look on my face and thought, "He doesn't understand my feelings at all!!" Oh yea...he's 3.
First official day of Fall!!! We've had our windows open to let the breeze through the house, and the other day AJ said, "I don't want the wind going through our house because it creeps me out." Creeps me out...ok.
AJ was helping me put laundry in the washing machine, and the lid slammed shut as he was getting ready to put something in. He said, "Mom...You almost killed me!"
Sometimes I get sick of trying to get the kids to do things so I've been trying new tactics. Today AJ was the biggest kid in the house so I told him that Cora and Garret are at school and he was the big kid of the house and I needed his help. He said, "Are you for real mom?" as he walked out of the kitchen. I've decided to go back to beating them. (just kidding. I don't beat my children for real. I just damage their precious little souls by yelling at them. just kidding. I only do that sometimes when it's a week before that most favorite part of any menstruating woman's month and I hardly know who I am. And that is the truth, but I don't yell too much...just a little).
Those are just a few because he practices his "big boy" talk all day so I'm kinda getting used to hearing these things out of his mouth. We love having AJ in our family!
Monday, September 22, 2008
AJ and His Big Boy Talk
Posted by Jennifer Never at 11:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
let's just say, you owe me big!! :)not because you forgot my birthday, cause you didn't, but because you had to ask! I guess now you'll have to come and visit! :)You've got a week to get here!
Wow...that kid is funny. I can totally see his face when he said "It creeps me out"! You know he learned that from you. And about your feelings being understood....YOUR feelings can confuse even the smartest grown-up! LOL. I really wish I could put a picture to your stories. I really need to get over there and visit so I can picture AJ in your house saying these things.
I love the things our kids say - so dramatic. "You almost killed me!"
De-freaking - the newest blog world phrase - love it!
Are you entirely positive that you are de-freaked? :) I love the part where he declares he understands your feelings and then purposely kicks down your pile of blocks.
Post a Comment