I don't love dreams about people or things that leave you feeling like your dreams are reality. For example: when you dream about your child drowning so the next time you go to a swimming pool you can't relax because you are scared to death one of your children is going to die. The one where you kiss an ex-boyfriend is always a doosey or when you wake up hating your husband because he cheated on you. Dreaming about other guys besides your husband is NEVER any good. I dream about people I haven't even thought about in YEARS! People I don't want to think about EVER again, but there they are in my dreams; as real as if they were standing in front of me. I can feel emotions I haven't felt in a long time, and wake up still feeling them for the rest of the freakin' day! I've had "Second Coming" dreams where I can't walk outside without feeling like the heavens will part at any second. But last night I had one of those "guy" dreams, and that is the reason for this post. Why post about it? I don't know. Will it help me feel better? Maybe. Probably not. I just want to know what purpose these dreams are supposed to serve?? What am I supposed to do with these real feeling emotions that aren't real??? Or are they...Holy cow how can they be? I'm sure some psychoanalytical dream doctor would tell me they are emotions buried deep down coming through in my dreams. Whatever. All I know is I've spent way to long suppressing these emotions to have them brought back up as I'm trying to get a peaceful nights sleep. What's the name of that stupid book..."Feelings Buried Alive Never Die" (no, I've never read it so I have no idea if it's really stupid. Maybe I should read it) Perhaps that's what's happening to me. I would love to know if the people who plague my dreams have the same thing happen to them with me in their dreams. I sure do hope so because I'm just that vindictive right now. I hate the thought that I am still dreaming crazy dreams about people who could care less if I even exist. But in real life-somewhere I'm obviously not living in at this moment-I don't care at all. How can this even be happening? I know there's got to be someone else that knows exactly what I'm blabbering about right now. Someone. Anyone.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
hahaha i totally understand the hating your husband in the morning scenario! ALL THE TIME!! Especially when, in the dream, he makes me get a job at Applebee's in Park City as a line cook! About other guys, I used to have a recurring dream about an old boyfriend and it drove me nuts. Finally in my dream I said to him, "hello, I'm married! Leave me alone!" I don't know, but it seemed to have worked!? Maybe you are just that weird! :)
Dido, dido dido dido, i know what you mean, what to do about? I just don't know....
I've had a lot of guilt about dreaming about other guys, one in particular from my past. But then I saw a picture of what he looks like now and he had gotten really fat and I didn't dream about him anymore! You could try that... I also never dream about my husband cheating on me but he ALWAYS does about me. What does that mean???
I think some dreams present us options about our 'possible selves.' Your subconscious says to your conscious, "Perhaps this is where you would be and what it would feel like if you had done (or do) X, Y, or Z." For example, my periodic nightmare is dreaming that I've left Megan and the kids. I'm always so relieved when I wake up, so relieved that I didn't choose that 'possible self.' Maybe that's nonsense, but it works for me.
Karl
You make me laugh. I think everyone has dreams about random people from their past. They're definitely weird, but I don't think it means anything.
You know Karl, I totally understand exactly what you are saying because I come away from some dreams KNOWING I NEVER want to experience that in real life, and some of my dreams have influenced real life. I also agree with Natalie that some dreams mean absolutly nothing. It's just crazy to me how they can bring up such strong emotions as if they are totally real!
I still dream about my boyfriend from HS whom I have not seen or spoken to in 14 years. In the dreams I feel exactly the way I felt in HS, trapped and oddly in love in an adolescent dependent type way. In the dreams the boyfriend is always still in love with me. How sick and egotistical is that? I also have dreams of Grant cheating on me. He has never once had a similar dream about me. ???
You know some dreams are wishful thinking and I am suprised you didn't mention those in the bulk of the post....for example wishing you were 17 and kissing a certain cute boy we all know, or can I say Angelina Jolie? Trent has never cheated in my dreams...but I have cheated on him in my dreams and sometimes I realize it and stop my dream immediatly and sometimes I wake up feeling extremely guilty. And one time one of the foreign exchange students and I had a make out session in my dream, and man was he not cute. I'ts all pretty random, but I think you can stop the dream by doing what amber said. Trent said the other day he swore in his dream and he said I think if we can control our responses in our dreams than we are doing pretty good gospel wise..
Random you should post about dreams. I rarely remember my dreams, but for the last few weeks since the passing away of an ex boyfriend I have had very visual and realistic dreams. I have dreamed of talking to him and befriending his greeving wife. I wake up and feel more exhausted then when I fell asleep. I purposely go to sleep not thinking about him or his greeving family, but always wake up feeling like I have been dreaming about the situation all night. Dreams are very intereting I wonder how much truth there is to analysing them? Sorry I have no advice for you, but thanks for letting me vent.
Thanks for the love!!!!
I am a bigger dreamer - all night every night and mostly they are just silly, but once in awhile there is one straight from life. I have the worst issue with the stress in dreams and waking up stressed and carrying that with me all day along with everything else.
When I was little my Dad told me to think about what I wanted to dream about ... back then it was a Princess ... now it is a secluded beach with my family on vacation.
Sometimes it works... not always, but sometimes. Good luck!
Hey Jenny- I am a little nervous about commenting because it seems like you have enough friends. :) I just caught up on your family. It sounds like things are going well. I wish my move was so great. But not this one. Oh well. Hey I started a blog awhile ago. Not great but anyway my kids are cute. garcias4.blogspot.com
Anyway I just wanted to say I have had all the dream experiences and am just as baffled as you are!
Eileen Garcia
I love that about you that you can just lie it all out there. No inhibitions. Yes loved playing soccer, Elijah is on her team and they are so dang cute. Eli had a slide tackle goal on saturday, funny. Hope you are all happy and well.
I'm too embarassed to tell anyone my dreams! I always just say a prayer the next morning......I really don't think anyone or anything can give you a good answer, so all your friends are wrong......and I have nooooo idea how to stop what I do in a dream and I sure as heck don't need to feel guilty because I couldn't control my response.... so I guess I'm not doing good spiritually....... Whatever.......did this dream happen in a bar with a bunch of drunk people and your sister.....i'm just wondering?
Wow that is some impressive second guessing of ones self. I imagine I should not be laughing at your concern, but yet I am. I personally don't put much thought into dreams unless I think they are a revelation of some kind, which I have yet to receive a vision in a dream (well or otherwise for that matter). I think your pretty normal.
Post a Comment