Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Cards

This year has been a pathetic year of Christmas cards for me. Let me explain why exactly. Julie is my sister-in-law. That's why. Not really, but it does have something to do with it. If you go over to her house you will see she has a lot of Christmas cards. I sincerely appreciate the 4 cards my family has gotten this year (especially yours Kari...it was first!), but there were 2 cards Julie got that I didn't; one from Mark's brother and one from their cousin. Julie explained to me that she was really close with this cousin, and I was fine with that...until I went over to their other brother's house and he had both the cards that I didn't get. It was a family party so I said to the one brother's wife who didn't send me a card, "Did you get my address yet Steph?" I was so seriously bothered. She said yes, and I assume my card is in the mail still. I must have expressed my feelings to Julie because she called to ask me if I sent out cards last year because that could be why I'm not getting Christmas cards. Yes, I did. Then she asked me if I was going to send them out this year. I wasn't planning on it and I told her if I had to send out Christmas cards to get them then I didn't really want them. (I told you this was pathetic) I started feeling guilty so I got a family Christmas picture into the form of a Christmas card and sent them out yesterday. Last night there was a cousins Christmas party. Guess who was there?? The cousin who didn't send us a card. She came up to me and told me she was trying to get my address from Julie so she could send us a Christmas card. I told her all about my experiences, and we laughed. Now, I can't help but wonder how many Christmas cards we'll get next year?? Perhaps you really do have to send out cards to get them because I know we have more than 4 friends in this world. We'll see. One more thing to add here...I just talked to Julie on the phone, and she asked me if I would be offended if I didn't get a Christmas card this year because she didn't have enough. How funny is that??!!!! She hasn't red this yet either.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

That's it. I'm sending you a Christmas card.

Jennifer Never said...

Oh Natalie...you're sweet. Really, I'm ok. Besides...if you send me one then I'll have to send you one!! Ha ha ha!!

Julie said...

lolololololololol!!! You soooo deserve a Beating. Ok, I will get you a card. I had no idea I influenced your life sooooo much.

Jennifer Never said...

Well now you know! I had no idea I cared so much about getting a freakin Christma card. I'm such a loser.

The Petersons said...

I know how you feel. I received only a few Christmas cards last year and yours was one. It was great, pictures, calendar and all. We didn't send out any so I guess we won't get any this year, except I have received 2 from ward members. Can't wait for my Christmas present you said I was getting.

youreprettytoo said...

Boo yah to me for being the first. I love being the winner! I think another trick to getting a lot of Christmas cards is to send them out early because they get yours and think, "Oh, crap. I have to send one to them too." Which is just the spirit of Christmas- guilt and obligation!:)

Kelly said...

I hardly ever do Christmas cards. One year I got one from an acquaintance with a newsletter gushing over all of her kids' many accomplishments that I totally gagged and haven't had the desire to do them since. I also figure people aren't really keeping track who sends them, but you have just convinced me that maybe people really are paying attention. Dang it, Jenn - now I have to start sending cards again!

V and Co. said...

um...i sent you an e card with a picture even!