Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas

We did end up with more than 4 Christmas cards I'm happy to report. I even got an empty envelope from my good friend Megan. That was one of my favorites! I hung it up. When it was all over with, I was just glad we actually sent our cards out because it helped us get in touch with people we haven't talked to in a while...And that meant more to me than just getting cards. We have been getting a lot of snow here. Dad went from building snow forts to sledding hills all over our yard. We had two in the front and one big one in the back. The kids had fun with those.

Mark layed one of the garbage cans on it's side and stacked the snow on top to give the kids a high start. Our front yard is a big downhill so the kids went pretty fast.
Garret and A.J. were too small to get on themselves, so they would lay on their tummys and go(only about 3ft.) face first down.


My mom came to visit from FL on the 20th. It was great having her here to spend Christmas. Thanks for everything Mom!! Christmas was great. I got the white Christmas both my mom and I wanted. It was snowing on Christmas Eve too!! It was so beautiful. Cora woke up at 3am Christmas morning, but my mom told her to wait until 5 to wake us up. I'm not sure what either one of them were thinking, but Cora went back to sleep and didn't wake back up till 7. Here are some pictures from Christmas morn.



We had a great morning, and I think everyone got something they liked. I got a fluorescent orange running cap. I asked for a running hat, and that's what I got. My husband got it from the hunting department at Sports Authority. I have a picture of me in it, but I'm not sharing. I also have a picture of me in my new swim cap with an American flag on the side. But I'm not sharing that one either. I must say it was a very practical Christmas for me. I even got water (big bottles of water). Cora got a new bike, Garret got a dinosaur nightlight, A.J. got a batman motorcycle, Jorie didn't really get anything. She got two toys, but nothing exciting. Mark got a ladder, but he was really wanting a Wii. I'll have to work on that one for his birthday...Maybe Garret's in February. Anyways...Christmas was great!!

Ok...there's my new running hat. Pretty hot huh?? So if you see somebody running down the road in a bright orange hat it's probably me. Don't honk. You'll give me a heart attack.










6 comments:

V and Co. said...

i added you to my blog! hope you like how i made you different from the other two jens! in my defense i've NEVER called you jenny! it's always been jen! and now you can go to my friend's list to see what else i call you! and by the way, i'm comming to see you soon! especially when jake's gone i'll be comming so much that you wished you never invited me!!! :)

youreprettytoo said...

I'm so glad you put a picture of you in your running hat. And you know I'm going to honk at you.

V and Co. said...

i just answered you on my blog...duh...anyways i'll tell you again but on your blog! i'll be up on the 10ish of jan, we should be there for 4 days, so i'll be comming over and pitching a tent in your living room! just kidding but we will be comming over and over staying our welcome! love ya!

Kelly said...

Love the hat! You'll have to venture across 7th West into our 'hood so I can see it in person!

Natalie said...

You guys have got the yard for sledding. It looks like a great Christmas. I'm glad it didn't start at 5:00 though. That's dang early! I love your orange running hat. I'm so honking if I see you. Happy new year cute girl! Love ya!

Nate and Marcie said...

Good luck with the Wii, I surprised Nate with one and it took days of calling, searching, and stalking stores in order to get one. My mom finally got one in Washington, CRAZY! But, worth it, it's a blast. You guys can come play Wii with us sometime, a little tennis competition?