Saturday, January 5, 2008

Attention Smith's shoppers!...

Today I moved up a notch on the "I'm such a great mother" scale (you know what scale I'm talking about). I took my kids to the grocery store with me today and thought I'd have some fun with them as we checked out. So I said, "Let's do the self-check out lane today." The kids were excited, but of course needed my help. As I was helping my older two ring up our stuff, my 2-year old ran away, and I didn't even realize it until I was leaving the store...That is when I heard, over the loud speaker, "Attention Smith's shoppers. We have a lost little boy 3-4 years old-maybe 2. He's wearing a hat, blah, blah, blah." I stopped listening and headed towards the back, yelling his name, of the store. There were people all along my walk back telling me where he was. It was great. There was one old lady (nice...she helped him) she gave me that look...the you are a horrible mom look. I just smiled, but I was thinking, "let's see you keep up with him lady." Anyways, I moved up on that scale today. Also today...Jorie pulled herself up to a stand and kept doing it and doing it. She is getting so big so fast. We have all been sick at our house, and the nights have been long. I have been reading Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" series non-stop. Good stuff. Lot's going on, but not much to write about. I'll leave with a funny Garret story. Mark and I were talking and we hear Garret say, "I see two Mommies and Daddies!!" We look over to see this:

Our kids are so much fun.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Jenny - This is Lisa Lindsay I got to your blog from Julie Smith's. I just made the connection the other day - Mark + Julie = siblings.

Which Twilight series book are you on? My husband has some "great" stories about "wife, mother and household" neglect - while I read the books.

He was SOOO happy when I finally finished the third book - he can't wait for the fourth one to come out - haha NOT!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! That grocery store story is hilarious. I've had my own nightmares at the grocery store with kids. You can read about it here: http://portraitofbliss.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-worst-nightmare.html

Anyway, I love reading your blog. I love Garret's double vision comment. Too funny!

Julie said...

The funny thing is we have all been the recipient of "The Look". Those crotchety old ladies and their looks.

Lisa said...

Jen-

That is too funny! I love the little comments kids make! Did I invite you to my blog?? If not, get me your email address and I'll send you an invite!

Lisa Wilcken

Jennifer Never said...

I'm on the 3rd book in the series so far, and am actually being more productive around the house so that I don't feel guilty the other 6 hours a day I read! I'm really enjoying them. To both Lisa L. and Lisa W.: Here is my e-mail address so you can add me and I can finally read your blogs!! mai_pete@hotmail.com

V and Co. said...

YUP, I'm a RECOVERING FROM READING THE TWILIGHT SERIES AND NEGLETING MY FAMILY AND HOUSE addict too, thankfully (and mourning at the same time) we have untill next fall till the next book...heard through the grape vine that it's like 800 pages! OH HAPPY DAY!!!

by the way i wouldnt expect any less than that scenario from your fam, welcome to the "How can you call yourself a good mother club" WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU! :) LOVE YA! and ps expect a visit from us this weekend if you are up to it and not sick anymore! is saturday okay?

V and Co. said...

okay how about lunch time on saturday? i have to go to provo in the morning but then i'm free, we can do mcdonalds if you want or whatever! just let me know, i'll call you when my phone is charged!