Sunday, January 20, 2008

Here's the Deal...

In the beginning of Dec. Mark got a job offer very suddenly from a company based in Virginia. My initial reaction was "No. No way." and I came up with some unrealistic amount of money they would have to offer him before I'd even consider it. We talked about it some more and decided we were VERY content here and it wasn't the right time to move. After turning down the offer, Mark realized just how unhappy he was at his job and that this opportunity in Virginia really was a good idea. So when the company called back with another offer, naturally, we took it. However, I don't think I'll ever understand how the thought of something you know is the right choice can make you feel so sick and sad inside. It was brought to my attention yesterday by that still, small voice that this is a great opportunity for us-a blessing-and I was yet to be thankful. That got me thinking enough for me to realize I do need to change my attitude to a more thankful, accepting, humble and excited one. Another adventure...Awesome!! Now I just have to survive the next 5 months only seeing my husband every other weekend. (There went my excited, thankful attitude) I'm just getting tired of moving, making friends and leaving, taking the kids away from familiar things-their family and our best friends...(ok...focus...thankfull, accepting, humble, excited...) I do like having this blog and knowing it will be much easier to keep in touch with people regularly so that when we come back!!! it won't be so hard maybe...And for our most favorite ward members to date...Amber and Walter will be moving in our house. You can read about how SPECIAL they are on their blog under my list of friends and family. They are great, but if our lawn starts to die and goes brown it's OK. We'll have them take it all out and plant tulips all over the yard to make spring time more magical in the neighborhood.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

So, do you plan to come back eventually? I can maybe live with your move if I know you'll be back one day.

I am happy that the job will be something Mark is excited about and will enjoy. We have family in Virginia and they spend lots of time in DC. It's a great place to do lots of fun things with your kids.

Let me know how I can help you while Mark is gone.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Jen and Mark. I am a little jealous. I think I might be ready for an adventure and that sound like such a great place to be. I see you growing already as you seek that "thankful" attitude. You really are amazing and you are raising a great family.

The Peterson 5 said...

Jenny you are one brave & adventurous girl! I'm sure it will turn out to be a great thing for you & your family!

Sally said...

I think Virginia sounds awesome! Congrats to Mark and good luck making it to June. You've got 4 kids and 5 exchange students all by yourself? You are a stud.