Saturday, January 12, 2008

Quack, Quack

Today was a VERY productive day. Got a great nights sleep (for once in a looooooooong time), woke up and cleaned the kitchen, Mark cooked pancakes, I went and ran 8 miles, took all 5 of the exchange students I have living with me to Park City to shop at the outlets; 6 hours later....Yes, we shopped for 6 hours. Old Navy has the best sales right now: 50% off their clearance stuff!!! I got so much stuff it was so therapeutic I swear. Mark and the kids stayed home and had some fun here. Cora got a pair of Heelys for $30 yesterday and spent the day trying to learn how to use them. It was so funny watching her slam into the walls all over the house. When I got home from shopping she had it down turning and everything. Lots of laughs tonight as we got the kids into bed. Mark was laying with the boys trying to get them to get in bed. He had is arms over his eyes waiting for them to lay down and then he heard a big fart. He looked up to see Garret's butt in his face with A.J. looking on. Then both A.J. and Garret cracked up laughing and laughed for the next 5 minutes. Then A.J. started quacking saying Garret stepped on a duck followed by Garret saying,"We got you dad!" "We're laughing at you Dad," said A.J. We're so proud of our kids!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

what a crazy day!! your kids are hilarious!! when i grow up i want to be just like Garret!! that's impressive!

Natalie said...

What is it with little boys and bodily functions? That's so funny! I'm jealous of your good night's sleep and your shopping. It sounds like it was a really great day.

Kelly said...

OK Jen - I'm curious about the sheer number of exchange students you are hosting. Please enlighten me how you are managing it and why? I admire it, but don't get it. Were you an exchange student at one time?

Jennifer Never said...

Well...My son, Garret, came up to me during one of the quietest sacrament meetings I've ever sat through and farted...then laughed. Funny, but kinda not. Kelly, I have 5 students with me right now for 3 weeks. Then I'll have 2. It's a great experience, and an excellent way to earn some extra cash!! Nope...never been an exchange student. We're just wierd enough to like it I guess! :)

Julie said...

I remember Mark doing that to me many times. But since I bit his butt her hasnt put it near my face again.

V and Co. said...

i guess it's okay you ditched me...sound like i should of gone with you shopping though! need some therapy shopping REAL BAD!!!