Thursday, January 10, 2008

On Parenting...

Last night was long. The baby woke up at 2 a.m. and didn't want to go back to sleep. She finally gave up her fight against sleep, but the morning came all too early for me. I was thinking about blogging at 2 a.m., but it would have ended up being about politics and how much I hate politicians (Hillary and her stupid, fake tears!!!) and the idiots that fall for all their stupid crap. Sometimes I wonder about us Americans...Anyways...I was driving today and the realization came to me-not the first time I've thought this-that it is hard being a parent. Especially when you have more than one child. It is so hard teaching your child life's lessons when the rest of the world is trying to teach them something different. When you take this and multiply it by 4, and take into consideration that each child learns differently so you have to adjust your methods accordingly, it is no wonder that us Moms get tired; that we let our kids get away with things sometimes because we just don't have it in us to deal with it. So this post is to encourage all us Moms out there (especially myself) to keep our heads up, stick to our guns with regard to what's best for our kids, and not let the "world" interfere with our work here. And those are my thoughts on that I guess. One of the hardest things I've ever done is being my kids' mom. I know I'm not alone when I wonder to myself it I'll ever get it right, but it brings me a lot of comfort knowing I've got the hardest job in the world for the rest of my life and I'm not really doing that bad of a job. I'm sure the same is true for each one of you Moms reading this too! I'm going to stop now because I can only handle so much seriousness and I'm at my max I think. Time to go take a nap. Never mind...Petsmart just called and I have to go pick up the dog.

7 comments:

The Petersons said...

Yes, motherhood is hard and the most important job you will ever have. I do think you are doing a great job. So keep plugging on. It is worth it.

The Petersons said...

I am not buying that Julie has more friends than you. Look at the number of friends who have looked at your blog. Twelve places and 19 visits. I only have 3. I have tried to call you and you are never home. Maybe shopping at Smith? Who is from Puerto Alerga in Brazil. That is where Elesa Oderich and her family are from.

Jennifer Never said...

Thanks Marilyn. I love ya! Keep trying to call and maybe we'll answer someday. I know I have friends all over the place, I just didn't get as many Christmas cards as Julie. I'll beat her next year in the un-official, who can get more Christmas cards contest she doesn't know she's in.

youreprettytoo said...

Amen to all you said. Motherhood is soooo hard. I'm still waiting for when i get called off! Although when I do get called off- like when I come for cooking club at your house next week :)- no one really does my job while I am gone so I just have more to do when I get back. Sigh... is it time for bed yet?

Lisa said...

Thank you for putting it into words .. I have had one of those weeks. I wanted to put a voting box on my blog that simply said "Will I survive PARENTHOOD?", but I don't know how to.

Lisa L.

Julie said...

I don't know why people like to beat me at things so much, maybe its cuz then they get to put a big L on their forhead and call me loser. So next year when you beat me at recieveing Christmas cards I will assume the position so you can play Janice for the day. Amen on parenting.

Kelly said...

So many times I think "I'm just experimenting on these kids. I don't know what the heck I'm doing!" And then BAM - your son is 13 years old and a lot of time has passed and you aren't sure if you did your job right or not. I guess only time will tell. I will say this - it is the most fun I have ever had in my life. Well, I really haven't done much else in my life, but if I had, I know it couldn't beat parenthood.