My boys were watching Higgley Town Heroes today, and on that show the little round people with no legs of Higgley Town decided to make a colossal sandwich. That's all I know about the show today, but after watching it Garret brought me two slices of bread and wanted me to make him a colossal sandwich. He got really frustrated when I had no idea what he was talking about so I told him to go downstairs and pick out the ingredients he wanted for his sandwich. This is what he came up with:
1 banana
honey
mustard
cumin
hot sauce
I convinced him that cinnamon would be better than cumin, and then made his sandwich. He ate it and liked it. How bout' adding that to your recipe blog Julie??
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
A Colossal Sandwich
Posted by Jennifer Never at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Did YOU try it? If you liked it...its on the blog.
Hmmm...budding chef perhaps? I'm not sure I'll be trying that anytime soon. I prefer ketchup over mustard.
Emmy often makes a "sedimentary sandwich", something she learned about last year when learning about different kinds of rock. You take a piece of bread, spread peanut butter on it, sprinkle goldfish (because fish fossils are found in layers of rock), another piece of bread, spread jam, sprinkle chocolate chips (for pebbles in the stream beds), another piece of bread, then put a piece of plastic wrap on top and bottom, take a very heavy book and put it on top, then STAND on it until the sandwich is flat as a pancake. Thus - sediments! She loves it!
I don't know about Garret's sandwich, but I do like the sound of that sedimentary sandwich. Peanut-butter- good, jam- good, chocolate chips- good!
I'm with Kari on that sedimentary sandwich. I think I'm actually going to try that with my kids. It's a great idea!! And we will be sure to use the heavy book AND stand on it. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment