Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I give up...

I do not have the time right now to make my blog visually entertaining. Sorry. For those of you that can't stand books with no pictures (all you 5-year-old's), this blog's not for you...well it's not really for you anyways, but you might not want to read it. Ok then. I got into my first moving-car accident on Sunday while trying to find some house with a map that looked like chicken scratch (and no that's not my attempt to divert blame). It was the worst hand drawn map I've ever seen. When I tried to call the person for directions, he gave them to me as he was lecturing me for being late. So I only got about NONE of the directions and I was not going to interrupt his lecture to ask him to "please repeat that last part". So I was turning around every other street and one of those times I tried to turn around there was some 16-year old behind me in her rich Daddy's brand new car. Boom! The back of my car is flat and I can't open the hatch. Lovely. It was all my fault and I cried, and cried, and then tried to regain my composure to go see if the girly I hit was ok. She was and she wasn't crying, and looked at me like she felt bad for me cause' I was crying. I hate crying, and I think it's because my emotions aren't under control anymore, and I hate that too. AHHHHH All is well now, and the GEICO lady did a good job of making me feel like it's no big deal because you have insurance and this whole thing is only going to cost you $500 dollars and a jacked up insurance rate next year. Happy!! And if one more person says to me "That's new" or "I haven't noticed that dent before" I'm going to give them that crazy little quite chuckle followed by a "yeah".

I actually attempted to get my kids to church after that. Cora said, "Mom...can this be that one day a month we don't go to church?" Sure. Why not. For dinner that night: Grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, and yes, Julie, if I had had cheese sticks we would have had those too!

Garret did wrestling this past month and it was so much fun watching him! I wasn't sure how he'd do, but since he's only had Abe to wrestle with he did very well actually. Abe is a wrestling stud, and loves to toss Garret around and it really helped Garret. He only lost 2 matches, and took them very well. That always impresses me when people can handle losing at a sport because I'm not very good at it. I do not like losing and neither does Cora, but Garret is great at it. He's an awesome LOSER!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh that just plain stinks. No - that SUCKS. I hate that word, and I save it for the situations that really are deserving of it. I love Cora's comment. That is something my kids would say. I saw Abe wrestling on Julie's blog and was blown away by kids this age being able to do this sport. It takes such self constraint to stay within the boundaries and follow all the rules and I can't imagine little boys this age doing that! You must have been so proud of him!

The Peterson 5 said...

I am sorry Jen. It always seems like trials hit when your husband isn't in town to help & when your already feeling overwhelmed. Hang in there! I'm glad you didn't get hurt. Don't you love it when your kids care share their wisdom & it can make sense! Cora is a cute girl!

Natalie said...

I hate car accidents. I'd probably be crying like you. Oh well, shake it off and move on. Don't dwell on it.

I'm sorry that we didn't get Adam into wrestling with Garett. I couldn't talk him into it. Apparently he "hates sports". Those are his words. We'll have to work on that.

V and Co. said...

i 'm sorry that really sucks! see if you would of come down here no matter what, you wouldn't of had to cry like that. you would be laughing so hard at me and where i live instead! chin up though, thanks heaven's for insurance!