Friday, March 14, 2008

Sweet Escape

*This morning I was cleaning up around my kitchen and I came across Cora's little Hannah Montanna diary so I decided to read it as there are only 3 entries anyways. She wrote about the trouble she got into the other day in the library for hitting other students with books; "I've never gotten into so much trouble in my life. I had to write up a slip and everything." Then she wrote about her crush, and then she wrote this: "My mom did somethng really wrong today. My dad is in Washington D.C. and I hate it." This was yesterday and I'm not so sure what I did that was so wrong because I was only with her for 90 waking minutes the whole day, but whatever. Serves me right for reading her diary. A few minutes later, still cleaning up, I catch myself unconsiously (Julie!) singing outloud Gwynn Staffani's song Sweet Escape. "If I could escape, and recreate a place that's my own world..." I'm not sure if those are the exact words, but those are the words I was singing.

*Lysol Power toilet bowl cleaner will really do the job a toilet bowl cleaner is supposed to do...even on those stained toilets with those spots you just can't seem to get white.

*Old English wood polish is amazing and has made my kitchen cabinets look almost new again. I recommend that stuff too. Just thought you all would like to know that.

*AJ has walked around for the past 2 days singing I am a Child of God non-stop. I'm thinking I'm going to record that in one of those voice recorded things they put in stuffed animals and just carry it around in my pocket and give it a squeeze whenever I feel like losing it.

*Cora won the Arbor Day poster contest last year and is sure she is going to win this year as well. She checks the mail box every day looking for the letter telling her she won. Today something came addressed to her and she ran up the drive way shouting and screaming "Mama Mama it came!!!" It was a spring soccer flyer and that was a very sad moment for daughter and mother.

*Garret was possessed today. It was a bad day. A terrible horrible no good very bad day. Then he talked to Dad on the phone and was better. Mark coming and going like this is getting very hard on the kids.

*Jorie is finally getting over her bronchitas/pnemonia. Not getting over it, but has been on antibiotics for two days and I can finally put her down. So I haven't been able to take her to the kidzone at the gym, and my babysitter is very busy this week which means no running for me. Poor me right? Wrong. Today did suck very bad, but I feel very blessed even in these situations that make me a little insane. Things could be so much worse and so much harder, and I've really been humbled throughout today with these thoughts. My heart goes out to all the wives, mothers, and daughters out there who have had to face death and disease and other "biggest fears" head-on. Tonight I look up to you all and your experiences and your examples of strength. I look to my Savior, who has suffered not only for the sins of the world, but for the pains of the world. He knew most of us would be tested to the breaking point when He instructed us to Cast our burdens on Him, and take His yoke upon us. That means something very different for each of us, but I know that there are some situations where doing just that is vital. Truly, He won't give us anything we can not handle because with Him we can and must handle what comes at us. All that said, I still look at things sometimes and wonder "What's the deal??!!" Sorry to go off like that because I had no intention of that. It just happened. I'm going to end this "testimony" now. And I'm not going to use any spell check either!!! Amen. ;)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing unconsiously. You should write down your thoughts more often...you are a very spiritual person. I love your understanding of the Gospel. I love getting a peak into that mind of yours.

Natalie said...

I admire you for holding things down while Mark is coming and going. You're doing a great job and I know it must be really tough. Hang in there!

Kamille said...

Jeni - I'm so sorry you've had such a rough go of it lately. I hope things keep turning around for you. I can't wait for you to pck up and be with your hubby again. Not for the packing up part, oh that sounds bad. Know I love you. Way to hold down the fort.