Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I did it!!

You know those days when you have soooo much to do you don't know how you are going to get it all done so you actually start un-planning things?? That was me today; however; I actually did everything I had planned...INCLUDING BLOG!!!! I only felt slightly crazy this afternoon when the kids were asking me for everything at the same time. "Can I have a fruit snack? Can I have one? I want one too!!! Are we going to the princess party? What time is the princess party? We're not going??...Can I go with somebody else's mom then?" Oh man!! You moms out there know exactly the situation I'm talking about! But it turned out to be a very productive day, and I'm ok...and so are my kids.
I have really missed blogging and reading everyone's blogs. I see people out-and-about and I feel so disconnected. I don't know what has been happening, and it's sad!! I've realized I don't only read people's blogs because I'm bored and have nothing better to do...I actually care about your lives and how you all are!!!! I've missed you guys, and am excited to reconnect!
The last three weeks have been full of awesome times and good fun, but I have no pictures to show for it. Sadly, I lost my camera in FL at my friend's wedding, but my sister has most of the pictures on her camera and someday I'll get them from her. Anywho...I had a great time with my family and some really old friends. The wedding was perfect, and the bride was one of the most beautiful brides I've ever seen. I love you Kory! I rode back to Larghetto (Largo) from Jacksonville with my sister which is a 4 hour drive. Luckily, she had 6 packs of those Harry Potter Jelly Bellys so we kept ourselves busy coming up with really really nasty combinations; rotten egg and sardine, rotten egg and vomit, pepper and soap. It was so much fun, but it made for really interesting smelling poop the next day. I know that is gross, but it was so amazing to me. If you haven't ever tasted those Jelly Bellys they have them at the World Market. Go get a few boxes and have some fun!! Just don't plan on being around anyone for the next few hours because your farts smell funny too. I'm sorry, but it is the craziest thing when your farts and poop smell like Jelly Belly flavors. (I want to delete all that, but I just can't. It's so true!!)
AJ just turned 3 on Sunday. He wanted a Bat-man cake, so I did the bat symbol. It looked really cool when I cut the cake into that symbol, but then with the frosting I'm not so sure...Luckily, we didn't have a camera so there are no pictures of it, but unfortunately we don't have any pictures of AJ turning 3. But I was there and it did happen and he was so excited to wake up to Batman all over the kitchen; balloons, tablecloth, danglie things (I don't know what you call them), Batman wrapping paper. He loved it. Julie and the kids came over to help us celebrate. Nice and simple. I'm so thankful for that kid. He is so much fun, and tries so hard at life. What I mean is, anything new or challenging or fascinating to him he just tries so hard to experience it and master it. Like dribbling a basketball before he can really talk, and when he does start to talk he practices saying everything he hears. He is turning out to be such a little joke-ster too, and loves to say, "I'm just kiddin." It seems so much has happened in the first 3 years of his life that it has just flown by. "MAKE IT STOP GOING SO FAST!!!"
Well that is enough for me tonight. I have to ease back into blogging. I'm going to go read all your blogs now until I can't see straight. I have so much more to write about...another time.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you're back! I always enjoy your blogs. Happy birthday to AJ!!!!!!!!! Wasn't it last month when he was just baby Jesus? WOW!

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you're back. I love reading your blog posts. It's just like your talking to me. I'm glad you came to the princess party. I only wish I sat by you so we could have talked more.

I can't believe AJ is 3! He is growing up too darn fast!

Ginny said...

Hi Jen and family. Tell AJ we said happy birthday. (His card is in the mail) I love your pictures and the way you are so real when you are talking about kids. I was glad to see that the Heart Man came to your house. I really enjoyed your visit here with Jorie and Cora and wish you could of stayed longer. Love you guys!!!

Nate and Marcie said...

I missed your blogs, they always crack me up. Glad you had fun in FL. And yeah, I think I'll take your word about the Harry Potter jelly bellys, ha ha ha!

Jenn said...

so glad I saw you in person for a second at the princess party and very glad that you posted, can't wait to hear all the other stories you have to share!

I wonder if my Husband and boys eat those nasty jelly belly's cuz their farts always smell horrible. Of course Brinley and my toots smell like roses, cuz we are ladies! Hee Hee

Emily said...

Hey! Cute page! I am glad you and your family are doing great! Rummor has it your moving to the east coast?!?!

V and Co. said...

welcome back jen! sorry i was so out of it when we talked, had a ton of things going on, i'll call you soon!