I guess I'm not fighting with my almost 3-year-old enough this morning because he has been arguing with me by himself for almost an hour. "No Mom. I don't want to. No Mom. I don't want to clean up. No." Then I hear a "Yes." "No Mom." Then he picks up a fake phone and starts arguing with me on the fake phone. "No!!! I don't want to Mom!!" Sometimes he's a lot madder than others and uses his low growl voice. "I don't want to." And then it happened. What he'd been practicing for all morning. I said to him, "AJ...It's time to go pick up Daddy. Turn off the TV and get your jacket." "No Mom. I don't want to." I knew better than to say yes because I knew what he would say. So I said, "Please." "Ok Mom." I think the "please" threw him off, and I had to laugh about the whole exchange. Here is a video of him with his He-Man sword. He loves He-Man and askes me to say this whole thing to him before he goes to sleep. What a fun kid.
We had a great day yesterday celebrating Garret's birthday. As a mom I feel he got shafted on the birthday party, but he was the happiest kid in the world! He loves dinosaurs so we told him he could choose two friends to go to the Museum of Ancient Life (a.k.a. the dinosaur museum). He chose his cousin Abe and his friend Elliot. It was Garret's first time to go to the museum and all the kids had a great time. Here are some pictures:
12 comments:
That video is hilarious! The cartoons are a crack up. Is AJ the initials for Adam - J- something.
I have an Adam James that will be 3 on March 15th - I usually call him JJ or Adam Jamsey.
I think that is so cool that you know the whole He-Man speech. That's something that only a stay-at-home-mom can claim, I'm pretty sure!
I just realized i left my comment on the wrong post- so look down and your next comments to get my witty remarks!:)
Happy birthday to Garett. I'm very impressed with the He-Man video...both by you and by AJ. He sure is a cute little guy!
My grandchildren are so cute. Thanks for sharing. It startled me to think you celebrated Garrett's birthday without us but I think I will call on the 20th. Or did I miss something. We are praying that Mark will have an easy time getting back.
too cute, arnt you just the talented one?! ;)
Awesome...I am way impressed. I for one love AJ's low growl voice. I was sad to hear he doesnt talk that way all the time.
I loved the He-Man routine-the things we do for our kids, and to think someday you'll miss reciting that for him.
Send me your email address at kelly@thinktankcc.com so I can invite you to my blog!
Awesome party and great story. "Please" will you blog again? It has been longer for you than it has for me. Hope is well in the temporily single mom life.
dude jen, where are you? are you still in florida or what? feeling a little neglected here!
promises promises!! i got up early this morning to check your blog for the promised post...but no! I just might have to take you off my list!!!
Post a Comment