I just get lost reading everyone else's blogs and then it comes time to think about writing in mine and I'm too tierd. I want to journal about the kids so I have SOMETHING written down SOMEWHERE, but that just seems like it will take too much energy. I'll do it some other week. So then I think I'll just copy some questions to answer from somebody else's blog, but I don't feel like bothering with that either. It's just been another crazy week of what seemed non-stop things to do. It's hard for the kids having Dad gone. The first few days after he leaves is just tough all around. Jorie is so cute and so much fun right now. She climbed up the stairs today, and tries to climb up anything that has something she can step on. Today she got herself twisted around the railing in my kitchen. I love her smile...it's so big and lights up her face and she has those two little bottom teeth just sticking up. We finally made it to see Amber and "Blaze" today, and he is such a handsome little man who takes after Amber more. I actually felt excited to hold him and be able to give him back without one hint of wanting another one. What a relief...I think. Does anyone else have a problem with age 7/8? I have no idea how to handle some of the things Cora does, and I know if she just got some quality attention she would probably do better, but holy cow!!! I can't give quality attention right now. Poor girl. I'm down to 4 matching bowls now (from 8). Garret dropped 2 today putting the dishes away, but I quickly realized it doesn't matter. Who has a complete matching set of dishes longer than 6m anyways?? I'm going to the DI for more bowls...Maybe I can find some in a dumpster somewhere. In two weeks I will be going to FL for a visit with family and one of my best friend's weddings!! I'm excited about that because it will be just me and Jorie going. I'm sure I'll be missing my kids after 2 days...maybe 4...maybe not...I will...I think. I don't know. I'm going to be on a mission the next few days to get some video of the things I love about my kids to post because so many of the things I love are just so hard to put into words. So that is my blogging mission for the next few days!! Oh and Happy Chinese New Year especially to all my friends around the world who know what Chinese New Year is and how much fun it is and how good the food is. We loved Chinese New Year in Taiwan, and have so many great memories from that time of year. I loved living in Taiwan and really do miss being there. This year is the year of the Rat. I'm a sheep and so is Garret. Mark is a rabbit. Cora a dragon. AJ a monkey and Jorie a pig or boar. Go to http://chinese.astrology.com/ to see what you are. The first time Mark and I went to a Chinese restaurant when we were dating the Chinese zodiac thing said the rabbit should marry a sheep and a sheep a rabbit. That's why we got married right there. That's all there is to our story. Just kidding. There was also the fortune cookie that said "You will marry the person sitting next to you." Not really, but that would be funny wouldn't it!! Ok...I need to cut myself off for tonight. I want to go read. I'm reading President Hinckley's Bio. and it's not boring me (I didn't think it would). Sometimes Bio's can be hard reading, but He was/is a pretty amazing Prophet of God so I like reading about Him. Maybe I'll start putting up random facts from His life on my blog because I've come across some pretty interesting stuff. It was really kinda fun to just sit here and journal my random thoughts and memories. I felt like writing something, but didn't know what. I guess that's what. My spell checker still isn't working. Sad.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I guess everyones spell checker isn't working. I would love to learn some new and interesting things about President Hinckley. Happy Chinese New Year. I can't believe I forgot to call you to say that. We really need to have a chinese night very very soon. I have a hard time with 6-8yrs old. Good luck. Jaxynn is almost 9, its getting better.
I enjoyed your random thought. My advice is to be patient and love them and have natural consequences. Or create them. Does that help? Read your Joy School stuff and apply. Thanks.
I can't believe Jorie is climbing already. Where does the time go? I don't have any problems with Blake, but I've been warned that boys and girls are so different, so I'm preparing myself for when Cambrie gets there.
I'd love to hear a little bit about President Hinckley if you put it on your blog. He's such an interesting guy!
Emmy is newly 9, and it seems like this last year she has gone from being innocent and cute, to something else entirely. I can't put it into words. I find myself mourning the loss of the innocently sweet little girl. Does that make sense? Also having a baby take her place has been a little bit sad for me to. She was my baby for so long. But that doesn't really apply to you. Maybe having another girl replace Cora as your little girl is affecting your relationship. I'm just rambling here... I like your random thoughts.
you're moving AGAIN???? holy cow woman! i was thinking about you the other day and our letter writing club. yeah, that never happened. i was checking out your myspace page tonight and saw that you had a blog. i was even happier, once i checked it out, to see that there was a recent post on it. keep it up jen! this is awesome. i have a blog too and i'm not too good at posting on it. life has been so busy. nothing compared to what you have, i'm sure. i'm teaching high school and i met a really great guy! things are looking good. we should make an attempt to talk sometime. love ya! oh, and happy chinese new year to you too! where's the hong bao?
I enjoy getting in your head, reading those random thoughts. Thanks for sharing. I would love to hear about Pres. Hinckley's book. I read it years ago but don't have time right now so a refresher would be great. Thanks
i'm really glad we met jen, no really, i think of you as one of my favorite people, and i just wanted to let you know that!
Rune totally baffles me. Everything he does seems so weird and I just can't understand it. And, my spell checker is working.
Post a Comment