Sunday, March 15, 2009

High School

Another one I started and actually finished a long time ago, but never posted. ?


I came across this post while I was blog surfing. It's one of those "tag" things, but I'm never cool enough to get tagged, and I'm ok with that because I wouldn't do it anyways. But as I was reading the questions and answers it brought up some memories I wanted to get down for future generations. Usually I do my best to just FORGET high school, but someday my kids might think it's fun to hear something about my high school days. So here goes:


High School: Largo High -Largo, FL is where I grew up. A.K.A Larghetto!


1. Did you date someone from your high school: Not until I was 16. And then we dated in groups. HA


2. What kind of car did you drive? My car was once refered to as the "alien box." Here's a picture: Mine was blue.



3. What is your most embarassing moment in high school? I can't remember. I'm sure I peed my pants once and had to tie a jacket around my waist till I got home or something like that. That actually did happen. I remember now. I was recording a video with my friend and we were just joking around having some fun and it got out of control-my bladder!


5. Were you considered a flirt? No.


6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I played the clarinet in middle school. But this is about high school. I had heard all about band geeks in high school so I quit. I was too busy with soccer anyways.


7. Were you a nerd? Nope. I wish I was, but I wasn't.


8. Were you on any varsity teams? Yes. Soccer, cross country once, track, softball once, swimming once.


9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Yes. I was once a victim of racial discrimination, and got suspended after I got punched because I stood up for myself.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? no. only geeks even sang that song. I was so cool I didn't even know we had a fight song.


11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mike Klapka-history teacher; Dr. Robert Eliason-english teacher. Both very inspiring teachers who always challenged me to stop being a high schooler and actually think.


12. Where did you sit during lunch? At the cool table with the girls.


13. School Mascot? We were the Packers; A large fruit packing plant was located on the present site of the Largo Central Park – hence our students came to be known as “Packers.” Our colors were blue and gold, and the mascot was a yellow, charging razorback. Sweet.


14. Did you go to homecoming and with who? Blah Blah Blah. I'm sure when I turned 16 I went with a big group of friends...never seriously dating until after high school.



15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? If I could go back with some common sence and values I might. But I'd have to say not a chance would I ever think about wishing I could go back in time.



16. What do you remember most about graduation?: Walking across that stage and hugging my friend Karen on the other side. I was so happy to be done!



17. Where did you go senior skip day? The Jose Cuervo beach volleyball tournament on the beach, of course.


18. Were you in any clubs? I don't think so.


19. Have you gained weight since then?: No. I weigh less weight.


20. Who was your prom date?: My friend Kris.


21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? No. I didn't go. I'm not going until my 40 year reunion


22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Be a geek. Join some clubs. Don't get too serious with anyone, and date in groups. Go somewhere else for Senior Skip Day because you hate the beach and it will be a bad experience. Tell your favorite teachers how much you appreciate them. Stop thinking just eating bread all the time will help you lose weight. Care more about your grades.

6 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Lose weight with just eating bread??? where did you come up with that one? Love your car!

Sally said...

My sister's college roommate was always on a diet of plain bread and cold cereal to lose weight.

Julie said...

Your hilarious...especially the group dating answers. But great advice at the end...be a geek. I wish DJ would be a geek. I hope my kids are geekish and proud of it. Sometimes I wish I knew you in HS, but then maybe I don't.

The Petersons said...

Interesting to find out what you were like before Petersons.

amberjill said...

uh, yeah, ditto on the finding out what you were like pre-Mark! ;) Very insightful. Totally feel like I know you better! hahahahahahaha btw, Walter wants to know why you gotta lie to yourself! :)

Jennifer Never said...

It's not me I'm lying to Walter...It's my children I'm lying to.