Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Julie!

Happy Birthday Julia Gulia.

Remember when:

-I still really did not know you or your husband and you both showed up at the airport to pick me up with Mark (when we were dating), and you guys had me practice Chinese and laughed at me as I said "make out with me" to Mark in Chinese;

-You sang Jackson 5 songs at our wedding reception...You were actually the only adult singing karaoke at our wedding reception;


-I taught you all how to play spades...You're lucky we were not in Florida because you probably would have gotten yourself killed with all that re-nigging!! And just look at you now! Probably one of the best spades players in the world;

-We first went to Friendship park to watch the fire works;


-All our kids fit into one bath tub;


-We went on a cruise to the Bahamas and you and Elise went playing in the waves, and you almost lost your bathing suite;

-We flew to Taiwan with our kids, by ourselves, and then took a bus from Taipei to Kaohsiung, BY OURSELVES, and were dropped off on a corner with all our luggage, and had to wait for someone to come pick us up...BY OURSELVES? It took me a long time to recover from that...oh yeah...I was pregnant too...;

-We tried to go out to eat, by ourselves, and ended up with tongue and ear soup;

-A McDonald's ANYTHING never tasted so good;

-It was so dang cool to throw up a peace sign or our two-finger-guns when we took a picture;


-We could take CHEAP family vacations together and just explore Formosa (and both our families could fit into one van);



-We camped in a parking lot, roasted marshmallows over a portable stove, and our cool husbands hunted giant cockroaches and spiders by flashlight at night so we could shoot them with those pellet guns. (remember when those pellets used to be all over our houses from our husbands trying to shoot the cockroaches in our house)? That parking lot did have a good view though...;


-Our testimonies of the church matured;



-We had an annual feast for the missionaries for Christmas or Thanksgiving...one of those holidays...(remember when we could remember...CRAP!);


-When we found out we were both pregnant, and how much fun both of us being pregnant at the same time was (you were so hormonal!...ha!) (it was fun), but how we spent the whole day and night together until I left for the hospital...then your daughter got jealous of my daughter and decided she was not going to let her win. Jorie would have won if she didn't have to wait! 59 minutes apart...Those girls;



Happy Birthday Julie. I love you and miss you so much. Wish I could be there to help you celebrate! It's just not the same without me...I know. ;)

It's definitely not the same without you either.

9 comments:

amberjill said...

that was so cute Jen!! It might not put her into labor, but she will definitely pee her pants!

Natalie said...

That was fun to read Jen! Makes me wish I'd visited ya'll in Taiwan!...Hope you're doing good!

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

You big nerd I said our trip in JULY not this one. We were already home when I wrote you about our trip this summer. I was with my mom and step dad or I probablly would have stopped!

Julie said...

Wow....you actually made me cry. What an awesome Birthday present. This post is all I need to last me a long long time...but not forever. You may have to say something nice about me again in a few years!! :) I love all the memmories we have. I was at Julie Jones today and told the front desk ladies all about our laboring and birthing adventure together and they felt so bad for me that you went and moved away!! I really miss you too. Thanks for teaching me how to play spades...and I am sorry I made such a fool of myself at your wedding...kinda embarrassing but look how skinny I look in that picture. You have a lot of good pics of us together. Thanks again. I LOVE YOU!

Sally said...

Those Taiwan pictures of you and Julie are just how I will always picture you guys...and your kids! HB to Julie, I hope she has the baby soon....it's stinks to be pregnant on your birthday.

Jennifer Never said...

Julie, if I had known you better, I probably would have ASKED you to sing Jackson 5 and the reception! I loved that you did, and I love that picture so please don't feel like a fool. That's you and it makes me miss you even more!...skinny butt! Check back in a few months when you forget you miss me...I'll be there soon!!

The Petersons said...

GREAT blog Jen, I remember all that. Now I understand what you mean about meaningful gifts.

youreprettytoo said...

Wow- I can believe all the fun times you had without me and you didn't even know me. Although I was back in Utah hearing all about you both from your mom-in-law!:)

Jenn said...

What a fun sister to sister in-law tribute. You two are some fun girls it was fun learning about some of your adventures through the years!