I always read about all the funny things other people's kids say, and I always think, "I know my kids say some funny things, but I can't remember." I actually wrote some of those things down this week so that I could blog about them, in hopes that 50 years down the road, when I can't remember my own name, I can read about some of the funny things some kids said a long time ago. AJ seems to be full of funny things to say lately. He thinks that when he beats someone in a race of some kind he should say, "I beat you up!" instead of I beat you. He runs to the car: "I beat you up!" Or if Garret keeps beating him during a video game he'll say, "Garret is beating me up!" AJ also loves to sing, and he sings to himself all day long. One of his favorite songs from nursery is that Fun to do song: Eating a snack is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do. Eating a snack is fun to do, to do, to do, to do.... That song where you substitute anything at the front...reading a book, eating a snack, running around, clapping our hands, etc...The other day he sang it like this: "Beating you up is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do. Beating you up is fun to do, to do, to do, to do." It was funny hearing that come out of my 3 year old's mouth in the form of a song. Yesterday, AJ came up with a solution to a serious problem. Garret's frog, Jumper, jumped out of the Rubbermaid and is gone forever. Garret was really upset. AJ decided that next time "let's not get something that can jump or run. Let's just catch a stick." Sounds good to me!! Cora has always wanted a horse!
Speaking of Cora, she is finally back with us! Mark's parents flew back with her on Sunday night. We've been missing HER a lot, but her complaining...not so much. Garret was so excited to get her home, and was running around the house screaming and hugging me all day in anticipation of Cora getting here. She has liked Nebraska so far, but expressed some concern to me today when she asked me: "Mom...In Nebraska, do we always skip lunch?" Very valid question seeing as how we haven't had lunch the past two days. Why? I'm not sure why, but I did finish the book I was reading today! The Host. It was a great book! So tomorrow...we eat lunch!! The kids did eat lunch even though I didn't feed it to them. AJ ate half a bag of marshmallows, and a couple cold hot dogs, and Garret ate a cold hot dog too. Cora's old enough to pillage through the kitchen for something!! I don't know what her problem is...
We saw deers the other day in the neighborhood. "Look kids! Some deer!" AJ-"Can I pee on it?" I guess "Peeing on deer is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do. Peeing on deer is fun to do, to do, to do, to do." Who knew?
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Fun to do
Posted by Jennifer Never at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
that is hilarious!! and i'm not sure why my blog roll doesn't like you. maybe it's because you complain so much. yeah, i'm thinking cora got that talent from her mom!!! btw, could you babysit my parents for a few more days? i'd like to read The Host but my dad frowns on me wasting time like that while he watches my kids!
apparently Becky's blog doesn't like you either. OH WAIT!! Becky doesn't like you. She has your name but Steph's blog!! Well, maybe your blog isn't G rated, so she canned it! SORRY!!
I will never be able to sing the song "Fun to Do" without laughing to myself now. AJ is a pretty funny kids. I'm glad you got Cora home. I'm still reading "The Host". I'm glad to hear you liked it.
Your kids crack me up. I think I will post some funny sayings today, too, if you don't mind me copying you. Emmy had a doozy today.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who let my kids fend for themselves when it comes to lunch. :)
I'm going to go get a pet stick right now, that is the best idea I ever heard of! My kids probably won't think it's very funny though - too bad for them.
Reading your blog is fun to do, fun to do fun to do reading your blog is fun to do to do to do!
I am dying to know if peeing on a deer is actually as fun as it sounds? Did you have success?
Thanks for the laugh out loud moment! AJ is hilarious! That song will never be the same - thank you!
It must be the 8 yr old stage - my 6 yr old will make himself a waffle, but Callin (8) will come ask me to get him a bowl of cereal... COME ON!
So now it has been confirmed - I cannot read The Host .. too much to do always to much to do!
Let me know what the deer thinks of being peed on. I will now have the "fun to do" song stuck in my head all week. I love the no lunch days. My kids hate Sunday's because I refuse to make lunch, I pop popcorn and cut up apples and the go off to a Sun. nap-it is my weekly indulgence. They feel very deprived on Sunday's because if they are still hungry after their filling lunch of apples and popcorn they have to take care of themselves.
Oh my. Now that I know they do serve lunch in Nebraska I will have to come visit. Glad you got a good read in. I love reading in the summer. Sounds like you are doing well. I love to hear it.
Lunch is so over-rated!
Peeing on a deer IS fun to do!! Wow. I miss you guys. We miss Cora...we actually fed her here.
So funny! I personally think 3 meals a day and two snacks is overrated anyway;)
The boys were wrestling so I got up to check on the baby and make sure he wasn't in the middle of it - he was of course and loving it - as I'm walking back to the computer I'm singing in my head, beating u up is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do, ect. THANKS JENN!
Post a Comment