Sunday, June 8, 2008

Nebraska Or Bust!!

We made it to Nebraska, where Mark got a new job, and we bought an awesome house, and we sold our old house in 3 weeks, but before we moved A.J had a birthday and turned 3, and Cora turned 8 and was baptized, and I ran my half-marathon. Now you all are up-to-date!! Here are
some pictures:
And that will have to do for now because it's too overwhelming and if I get to overwhelmed, I might not ever blog again for the rest of my whole entire life, and that's a long time. I want to spend more time blogging about things past, but not today. So here are some pictures of Garret and A.J. playing in the sprinkler yesterday.


And this is what Jorie does when the sprinklers are on:
Oh...wait...that's what she does when Daddy is cleaning out the rain gutters before a big storm. She drinks the run-off! So far we have had a lot of really nasty weather. Thunderstorms like you wouldn't believe with tornado warnings and all. Last night it seemed like something straight out of War of the Worlds. No more than 2 seconds went by when the sky wasn't lit up with lightning and there was CRAZY wind with the severe weather warning sirens going off in the distance...pounding rain with some hail...Growing up in Florida, I've seen some storms, but the two here so far have just amazed and humbled me. I have a renewed respect for "mother nature". There is a tiny part of me that hopes to see a tornado one day. One that is far, far away in an open field where no one will be hurt. Speaking of open fields...Nebraska, where I live, is not very flat at all. In fact, there are a lot of trees and forests spread around, and it is a very calming landscape. Most open spaces, however, are filled up with corn fields that are just starting to take off. I feel very peaceful here, and love the new house. We have so much space!! The yard is huge with 6 big trees. I'll get pictures another time. I hope we can settle here for at least 2 years. If we can hit the 2 year mark anywhere it will be a miracle of sorts. Anyways...While we were packing up the house in Utah my kids kept getting a hold of my camera and taking videos and pictures. Some of them are funny so I'll finish off this post with some of those.




As much as I like being here so far, I do miss Utah and seeing you ladies out and about. Not that I'm a social butterfly who likes to chat, chat, chat, but I do miss the familiarity and great friends. Murray is the best for sure!!! Oh and Julie...look what I found while unpacking:

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray! Glad to see you guys are safe and getting settled in Nebraska. What a great family you have!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad to see you post again. I can't wait to see the house. The area sounds perfectly beautiful. My kind of country. We miss you guys. I hope you hit your 2 years mark, then come back! Is that Julie in the picture?

amberjill said...

hahahah she lives!!! so good to hear you are loving it. i have so many comments running through my head...but the one that is fighting to get out first is this...uh, where are the rest of the pictures of Julie with her "children" and the one of her with her "husband"! hahahahah i totally think you should post them. Julie is too far away to kick your trash! hahahah

The Petersons said...

Glad you got there safely. We miss you. We will probably be coming with Amber. Se sa

Julie said...

If you post those pictures...I will kill you with my bare hands...you would never do that. Although...you made my decision. I am going to go get my hair cut. Thanks for making my decision easier. I love your description of the weather and your feelings out there. We miss you here and can't wait to see some pics of everything there.

Natalie said...

I'm glad you made it safely. I'm excited to see pics of your new surroundings...when you get a chance. I hope the weather doesn't get too crazy there! So, your 2-year goal is to move back to Murray, right? We miss you already!

Lisa said...

Glad you guys made it there safely. I see plumbing in AJ's future ... lol!

Can't wait to see the pictures. You guys are loved and missed here.

Julie can't kick your trash for two years ... post the pictures!!!

Jenn said...

She's alive! I was losing all hope! However I can understand the craziness with a move and unpacking, but can't wait to see more pictures. Oh, and don't let Julie's threat go to far, your a tough girl also, running a 1/2 marathon I am impressed.....my vote is on you! POST POST POST the pictures of Julie!

Nate and Marcie said...

Well the ward is not the same without you guys here! But I'm glad that you made it to Nebraska safely, and you definitely need to post some house pictures and keep us all up-to-date!

Michelle said...

Hi guys! Can't wait to see pics of your new house! The kids look great! It was nice to read your update, hope you all are getting settled in and all! We miss you guys and will have to touch base about Thanksgiving!

youreprettytoo said...

I'm so glad you made it and that you found a place to stay and a place to put your furniture and something for your kids to do, etc. I was so worried about all the details for you. Although at this particular moment I am real sad that we are not going to NY in 3 days!:( Anyway- i look forward to more posts! love you.

Tamra said...

I love the sprinkler pictures and your daughter looks like she was used to clean the rain gutters-that is so funny. I think I would also enjoy the pictures of Julie, I vote for you posting them.

V and Co. said...

holy crap nebraska? what the...i defitnitly have been out of the loop! we miss you guys!