Monday, June 9, 2008

Spectacular

I have just spent 2 hours reading and commenting on people's blogs. This is why I haven't blogged in forever, and I really shouldn't be now, but I'm so excited again. All you ladies are such amazing people I can't stop reading about your lives! Today was great! I made a new friend that shares my passion about running and has run a few marathons, but she's 5m pregnant. So in March of next year we are going to start training for a marathon together. Yes, we are already planning it. I went on my first NE run today! So many hills. It's tough, and I love it! The Omaha half marathon is in Sept and I am planning on that. Sorry I'm obsessed. While I was running tonight the sunset was spectacular. I don't really use that word too often...Spectacular. Kinda a dork word, but the sky did look Spectacular. I'm going to try to find a pic.

That is what my backdrop was like tonight on my run! Spectacular huh! I have to go do something constructive with my house right now. But just one funny random thought that actually became a concern of mine the other day that I have to share. I was pretending to play dead with AJ. Everytime I pretend to pass out he comes and tries to press his fingers into my eyes. I actually thought about what would happen to my eyes if I ever really did pass out or something. I would wake up with punctured eyeballs that's what would happen! Let's just hope I never pass out with AJ around...Can you believe that's actually a concern of mine!! And for all you who want more Julie pics here you go. Isn't she so whi gwo?

Yes, that is MY husband, HER brother in that picture. They are famous!

Spectacular!

10 comments:

The Peterson 5 said...

Wow, that sunset is "spectacular"! I'm glad you guys made it there safe & I can't wait to see pictures of your house.

Jenn said...

I wish I loved to run as much as you, I really have to push myself. But I always feel so good after I am done!

Is that an add of some sorts? Who is the little boy on Marks lap and is that Jaxson? (I think I spelled her name wrong I know there is an x in it.)

Natalie said...

That sunset is beautiful. I'm not a runner, but I might be inspired with that kind of skyline!

Jennifer Never said...

While we were living in Taiwan Julie, Mark, and Jaxynn did a photo shoot to advertise a new housing development. They needed foreigners to make the ads "more appealing". Julie and Trent couldn't do it because Trent was "too fat". Mark and I couldn't do it because I was "too fat". So brother and sister got to pose as husband and wife with Jaxynn as their little girl. Mark says, "But it was good money!!!" We even called Julie the night before and told her she may have to kiss Mark for some of the photos. She had an anxiety attack. It was great and continues to be a funny joke to all who know.

Tamra said...

You've returned to the world of blogging. I don't know why you ever stopped, it is not like you have more than one child and were trying to pack up your life to move. NE sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures of the house. You must be so good at making friends with all the moving you've done, and look at you go, a running partner already. I hope to find your passion for running this summer. I am going to try my first realy outdoor run this week, we'll see. I am so happy youre settled and not living in a tent on your front lawn. I'll miss you at cooking club. Your sense of humor always had me rolling

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the explanation on the Julie pictures. I sure didn't recognize them. You sound so happy and Neb. looks beautiful. I Can't wait to see your home and get a taste of life for you there. I miss knowing you are just 'up the street'. Maybe now that you are so far away you will come and visit us.

Kersina and Ryan said...

hey you! i almost wrote a letter to someone today and thought of the writing party/club we never started. i can't believe you're in nebraska. what is mark doing now? careful of all that crazy weather! hope everything is well for you and your family.

Marie said...

Its good to see you blogging again! By the way, I went private. I am not sure if I have your email address send it to me!

Unknown said...

I wish I loved to run too, but I'm trying. I think it would be easier if I could find someone to run with. Can't wait to hear more about your spectacular life in Nebraska!

Lisa said...

Beautiful sunset - do we have those here in Utah? I am not a runner, but reading about how much you love it - it makes me want to go out and run. I would probably get to Natalie's and she would have to carry me back, but it would be fun while it lasted.

Good luck on the marathon in September - we both have big events that month - good luck!!

Thanks for posting the pictures of the happy couple. They are pricless.