This post just has to happen. I'm not sure why it HAS to happen, all I know is for the last 10 minutes I have been torturing myself with memories of things I have done/said that should NEVER have happened. The times where you hang your head in shame and say,"I can't believe I did that." I need to confess.
1. I argued with the cashier at Deseret Industries over something I thought should be less than $3. For those of you who don't know what Deseret Industries is, it's like a Goodwill. It actually took me 30 seconds to realize what I was doing and how WRONG it was...and this was only 2 months ago!!!!!
2. Equal opportunity employees. I'm all for giving everyone a fair chance at employment, but sometimes I actually have the nerve to think in my head, "My cashier is defiantly one of those equal opportunity employees because he/she is just way to slow." I don't know where thoughts like that come from, and they are gone as fast as they come in, but still...shameful.
3. One of my good friends had to go on meds. for bi-polar, and wouldn't be able to have kids for a long time. She wanted to buy our camera, and I told her I needed a porta-crib so we could just trade. Practical...yes. But what was I thinking being that insensitive??? I can't even believe myself!!!
4. Garret got his first hair cut when we were living in Taiwan, and it only cost $3. I did my math wrong on the cost of a previous haircut and thought it was only $1.50 (it was actually $5.00). So when the girl told me $3.00, I told her I wasn't paying that much. And I ended up giving her $1.50. Isn't that horrible. I used what broken Chinese I had to argue a $3 haircut down to $1.50.
5. I starved our first Guinea pig to death on accident. The bedding we had for it was purple pellets with corn and nuts mixed in...it really looked like food! So for the first 3 months we had it it would squeal all the time, but never ate it's food. "I don't know what's wrong with it. It has food..." Lenny finally starved to death, and I didn't realize why until I read the bag and it said, "Guinea Pig bedding" and not "Guinea Pig food". That made me sick to think that poor little animal starved to death.
6. Going way back...When I was in High School I snuck out my window for something and broke the ledge outside the window. When my Dad asked what happened I told him the wind must have blown it off. Oh dear...
7. I was 7m. pregnant with our first kid, and we had a lesson on food storage in Relief Society. The girl who was teaching it brought in granola for us to sample, and I liked it so much I asked her if I could bring it home and have some more. She said I could. So I did. 3 months later-and 1/2 the granola left-She came knocking on my door asking for it back because she wanted to can it. OOPS. I was pregnant what can I say...
That will do for now. I feel better.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Not My Proudest Moments...
Posted by Jennifer Never at 9:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
i am so ashamed to be your friend...so when are you comming out to visit me?!!! :)
Jenn, Jenn, Jenn...you are too funny!
Very funny!
Deep breathe in and now slowly exhale, repeat 3 times. Now don't you feel better? Forgive and forget it you stealing cheapskate!
LOL
I know I have done and said stuff I am not so proud of I bet you feel better getting it off your chest.
lol, you are cracking me up. I even feel bad about Lenny. Wow... I can't believe you didn't add the 1,000 Grand story to your list. Hang your head low my dear!!
Oh Jenn - we all have these little incidents "skeltons" in our closet. I love it - thanks for the laugh.
In high school I stole a necklace from Payless to wear to a school dance. It haunts me to this day. Payless closed down in our town a LONG time ago, but before I die I will contact someone from Payless Drug headquarters and make them take $10. Oh, and once in Taiwan, Julie gave me a health book to read that she was excited about and it was quite interesting but i thought the author was a bit of a quack and I told her so and i regret it to this day. Sorry Julie!!!
Your blog of shame was the funniest thing I think I have ever read. I know I should not laugh at your deep dark confessions, but I am literally crying. I am sure you are not on the road to hell if those are your shameful secrets.
Did you forget that you and I took piano lessons when you were about 7 or 8? We played in one recital, then our teacher retired. I'm glad you're playing again & Cora is learning as well. Do you have a piano now? You can both play something for me when I visit in November. I am so very proud of the great mom you are. You're the best! Love, Mom
Post a Comment