I know, I know...You've probably heard that line changed around so many times, but I seriously thought we were going to get blown away on Wed. night. That same storm system that killed 4 scouts in Little Sioux came right through us. Mark actually saw a funnel cloud, and it freaked him out. So we slept in the basement and had a storm party (what else do you do??). Ice-cream, gummy worms, and pizza while watching Jurassic Park with the boys. It was great. Some of you might be wondering if that movie freaked my kids out...no it didn't. But Garret did pick up on a not-so-nice phrase, and used it one night while him and Mark were playing Donkey Kong. Garret couldn't figure out how to get into a door on the game, so he very casually let out the words, "What the h@&&?" It totally caught Mark off guard, but he didn't say anything to Garret about it. When I asked him why not, he said because he thought it was "too funny to stop him". "That's nice," I thought. "I can now officially count my husband as one of my children." Needless to say, no more Jurassic Park, and if I ever hear Garret say it, I'm going to wash my husband's mouth out with soap. Anyways, we made it through the storm with no damage to anything, and it hasn't rained since and I'm kinda missing it. On Thursday I went to the cannery, and had hoped to get some food storage done. Didn't happen because some chick showed up wanting a whole years worth of food storage canned that day. No joke. She lived 3 hours away and had rented a u-haul to get it all back. I realized early on my stuff wasn't going to get done after we canned 24 boxes of rice and she said she needed 144 cans of wheat. They asked me what I wanted to can. What am I going to say??? This girl rented a u-haul and I can come back anytime! "Let's just get as much of her stuff done as we can," I said. I did feel good about helping out and was glad I was there to help because it was just her and I and the missionary who served there. But I must confess...I'm no saint. Multiple times I had to stop myself from asking the question (to myself) "What is she thinking??? A whole years worth of food storage for 5 people???" I'm totally losing service points by bringing it up, but o well. It was an exhausting day, but it was good. I got that "I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing" feeling, and that's always very worth it. I'm excited to get OUR food storage in order, and had the scripture pass through my mind multiple times "...if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." Thursday night was also cooking club night in my new ward. Nothing like cooking club in Utah ladies...don't worry. But we did make some dang good doughnuts! I'll have to pass on the recipes. And guess what?? I now have so many Utah cooking club meals and ideas to share with Nebraska cooking club!!! How cool is that?! And since they don't know any of you, it is going to be Jenny's Jamaican dinner, and Jenny's this, and Jen's that!!! Little will they know how lame I really am in the kitchen! Friday night we went over to a friend's house for dinner, and had a great time. We are really getting settled in fast here, but not enough for me to start taking pictures of my house. I'm not going to post messy pictures of my new house. But we did have a Primary activity today and I took some pictures so here you go. 
Garret's new friend Briggs.
Decorating Cookie ties for Father's Day.
It was a fun with water theme day, and they had a tug of war over a pool of water. Garret is showing me his muscles before the big tug! Look at those muscles!!
Pull!!!
Oops!! The kids had a great time and Garret is excited about Primary again! There are even big kids that are begging me to babysit!!
Sweet!! We went out to lunch after the activity to some yummy, but dumpy place where they actually asked us "Smoking or Non?" when we walked in. I haven't heard that in a LONG time. The boys had to go to the bathroom, and luckily I had my camera cause' I got a kick out of this:
The "All By Myself" stool under the bathroom sink. Here is A.J. washing his hands "all by himself" using the "all by myself" stool.
All this fun we are having, and it just doesn't feel complete without Cora here! We all miss her so much and sometimes I even freak out cause' I'm missing a kid. Cora, we love you and can't wait for you to get here! Life truly can't begin here without you! Love you Babe!!
14 comments:
where's cora? i'm glad that you are adapting soo well to your new place! did i mention that i miss you?
Dear mom,
Thanks for writing that about me. I miss you guys too. Guess what? I am going to go see Kung Fu Panda at the drive in. It's going to be fun. I like the pictures. AJ looks really grown up. Are there any kids there my age? Well thats all for now! Miss you guys....
From Cora
I love your new posting abilities. It sounds like you guys are in the right place. The boys look like they are having so much fun. And I am happy you have some begging babysitters. Those are the best. Ya know what...I would be honored if you made Jenny's Breadsticks, or Jen's Chili, or or Jen's 3 cup chicken...oh wait that one is yours. And I love it. For fathers day we had chinese beef noodles. You would have been in heaven. They were too hot for me and the kids, but Trent, Jax and DJ each ate a bowl. We miss you guys. I am very happy you are blogging.
I love the stool - that is hilarious! Your boys look so happy at the activity. If you need additional recipes - I can pass some along and you can rename them "Jenny's .. chicken pot pie" etc..
It looks like you guys are full speed ahead in getting settled. I agree with you about washing out Mark's mouth! That story was so funny!
Sounds like you guys are getting grounded in your new settings, that is if a tornato does not up root you. Scary stuff, glad to hear you are adapting well.
When is Cora coming home? I am sad for you that your missing her so much.
Cora is doing great. We are planning on spending the day with her watching her perform and then out to lunch. We plan on bringing her home on Suday the 29th. Will that work?
Glad you are blogging again. It is fun to see the things happening in your life.
It's so great to read your blog and still feel connected. I'm glad that storm didn't do any damage to your house. I laughed at Garret's new phrase. I'm glad you guys are settling in at your new place.
I just realized that Amber had signed in to my computer and so the message below is from your Mom not from Amber.
Call us again and we will talk about Cora coming home.
I love that you are blogging again. You have such a fun way of experiencing life and sharing it. It all sounds great.
It sounds like you will be finding friends to dress up ugly and go laser- tagging with in no time! I guess they won't have to pass around a sign-up sheet in relief Society after all! :) Glad things are going well for you.
Jenn -I'm so happy for you. Sounds like good times. It's just like you to enjoy every moment. Glad your making your spot. I'm enjoying having Cora here I see her more when she's with Julie. Great pics. I'm glad we have bloging to stay in touch.
I thought you were disappeared forever. It's great to hear about your family again. Except I always feel jealous reading about your running. I feel so (I want to say trapped here, but that's not a nice word for pregnancy, let's say encumbered) in my sick pregnant body, wanting to exercise but not having the stamina or stomach for anything more that Taebo Basic! I'd like to hear about how your 1/2 marathon went.
Oh dear, I knew there was something special last week! I kept thinking that there was something important but I just couldn't remember! 9 years!!! And how many miles, states & countries? Four wonderful, adorable, sweet, happy, beautiful & amazing children. So blessed. Love you both, very much! Mom
Post a Comment