Saturday, November 17, 2007

This Week in Words...and a Few Photos



I've decided that writing every day isn't the best idea because I would bore everyone other than my Mom and in-laws. So, unless anything really fun happens, a few times a week will have to do. Thanks to my Mother-in-law for checking everyday and letting me know she actually does care about my blog! ;) This blog's for you Marilyn!! We'll start with Sunday. Church. Garret had the scripture in primary, and luckily, Cora remembered as we were leaving...late. The topic was "My faith in Jesus Christ blesses my life. I am thankful for my blessings." Mosiah 2:22 "If I have faith in Jesus and keep His commandments, He will bless my life." Garret was one of those cute little kids that had his mouth right on top of the mic so you could hardly understand him. He did great...so good that Cora has the scripture this week. I just got the reminder call or I would have forgotten again...I still might forget.



Excuse me for a moment...I have to go wipe my son's butt for the second time in 5 minutes. "Mommy, I all done" "Mommy, I all done". "No your not!! Stay on the pot and finish pooping please."
Monday. Mark was off work for Veteran's Day so we picked Cora up from school for lunch and went out to eat. We went to Mimi's Cafe. Unfortunately, we forgot a Binky for the baby and were squashed into a booth. I have to admit there were a few times I thought to myself, "why did we do this?", but the kids were so excited and having so much fun it was worth the insanity. Family night was great too. Our exchange student gave the lesson. I felt bad for her because she worked so hard preparing, and the kids listened for the first couple minutes and then the last 1 minute. Garret wanted to give a lesson on saying please. "When somebody says 'Give me that toy!!!'...that not nice. You need to say 'please give me that toy'." This was in the middle of the other lesson, and he got really upset he didn't have every one's attention. Mark and I just looked at each other and smiled, glad it wasn't either one of us for a change. Tuesday. Maybe I should write every other day because I don't remember. Wednesday began early with Mom's and Muffins at Cora's school. The kids and I went into school, ate some Mimi's Cafe muffins, read a book, and got a button. I love Cora's school. On Wed. night I went to traffic school because I got caught in a speed trap. That was a treat for me. Being a stay-at-home mom you forget how goofy people in the outside world can be, and there were a few goofy people there. I was amazed. Thursday was Spa night with cooking club. I wasn't sure I wanted to go because I was so sleepy and my house was a mess, but my students cleaned the house, my husband got pizza so I went. I had a blast! Good food, Great friends, and I got to soak my feet and watch Pride and Prejudice. Thanks ladies...you guys rock!!! Friday was eventful. Cora was star student this week at school, and Friday was her day to shine. She wanted to bring in a pet...our cat that hates people. I convinced her to settle for the guinea pig so we brought the pig and some blow pops into her class. The kids started asking me questions: "What is your favorite funny memory about Cora?" I can't remember what I did Tuesday, how am I supposed to remember specifics??? I felt like a horrible mom. My poor daughter just waited for me to say something. Then she reminded me of when she crawled through the doggy door as a baby. So we went with that one. The kids laughed. Then a little girl asked me the same question again. It was not pretty. I even forgot to take pictures. Immediately following star student, we went on a service field trip with Cora's class to rake leaves.







We finished up Friday with an end-of-season soccer party for Cora. A pretty fun week. And I decided I'm running a half marathon in March so I've been training for that. We'll see how long my body holds up, but I'm up to 5 mile runs now!! Yee Haw. That was our week in words and a few photos. I don't think I'll ever do that again. I started at 10 am and didn't finish until 9:30 pm.



















2 comments:

Julie said...

I love it. We do have a great school. I cant believe you guys went and raked leaves with her class. That is so cool.

youreprettytoo said...

Sounds like it is the unit on Relationship and communication in Joyschool. "When you want the butter, say please pass the butter." I hope you've heard that song on the CD or else that comment will be a bit random! Also I found out information about the Moab 1/2 marathon, so when you get back from Las Vegas give me a call- in case I forget.