Thursday, November 29, 2007

Viva Las Vegas...but it's just not for us!

Thanksgiving in Vegas...who knew it would be filled with so many butts??!! I didn't because I had never been there, but it seemed there were butts everywhere. Lovely. Anyways...We left Wednesday morning at aroun 8am. The drive went well and the kids were great. The baby didn't cry once on the way down. Unfortunatly it wasn't as warm as we were hoping it would be (it was 63 degrees), but that didn't stop the kids from swimming right when we got there. They swam everyday whenever we allowed them to. During the day we went downtown to walk around the hotels and see some of the stores like M&M World. The kids really loved playing the carnival style games and winning the stuffed animals. We came upon one of those robot men on the street and the kids gave Vegas a show. He tried to give the kids suckers and they were real hesitant, but they took them. Then the guy asked for garret's animals he had won. garret gave them all to him and didn't know what to do next. Everyone stopped to watch them play all this out. It was so cute! Definatly one of the highlights of the trip.


That was on Thanksgiving morning when we went downtown to walked around. In the afternoon Mark and I had to do a timeshare tour so we could get all the promised perks of our trip. We walked away without buying anything. They tried hard, but we did it. We took our free gifts and left. Thanksgiving night we went to Circus Circus and had a turkey dinner before going to play more games. garret played that stomping game for the longest time. I looked over and he was sitting on the game trying to cover all the things at once. He also tried laying down, but I didn't get a picture of that one. We had a great Thanksgiving. Mark and I went out that night by ourselves while our exchange students stayed with the kids. We went back to circus circus and played more games. It was fun. I'm going to write more later, but I'm done for tonight. I have to sleep. I just wanted to get something new up.

5 comments:

The Petersons said...

Looked like a lot of fun. Copenhagen is a lot like LV. We have those things here. Enjoyed your pictures.

Julie said...

All the smart ones know to cover all the holes. If Garret was laying down on the machine then he is a Genius.

jfleck0501 said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Looks like you showed the kids how to find the good things amidst lots "butts!" Awesome! Looking forward to the snowball fight . . soon!!! XOXOXOX

Natalie said...

I love your blog. Send me your email and I'll invite you to mine. (natalie@dansie.com) I can totally envision Garrett laying on that stomping game. That's something Adam would do too!

Rebecca said...

I didn't even know you went to Vegas. I'm glad you had fun.